The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bacta Tanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Bacta Tanks Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sounds like my Merc needs to make an investment... im not at 3 cyberparts... and in the next adventure, that number will most likely be doubled...

*mumbles about always having to "draw their fire, while they run"*
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Actually, i thing i remember seeing in one of the older books (first ed i think) a 'organ cloning tank'. It was around 30k cost, 3X for availability and could clone upto a full size human leg at max.

Even if it is not in the older books, it sounds like a reasonable piece of equipment if the GM decided to use it. However, due to it's availability and cost, as I mentioned in my earlier post:
• Only the most afvanced medical facilities should have such an item. Such advanced facilities will most likely be on Imperial held worlds.
• Imperials would most likely monitor facilities that have such equipment to prevent it's misuse or theft. Meaning a PC might have to answer some very tricky questions to get the Limb replacement.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless a character has their undamaged, amputated limb, I have always played that only a bionic replacement can restore their limb (as it did for Luke). Bacta can cure illness, heal scars, and regenerate tissue to a limited degree, but I don't believe it has the power to regrow limbs (otherwise, why wouldn't they have done so for Luke?) As Krapou wisely noted, the ability to regenerate skin cells does not carry through to regenerating bone, nerves, blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, musculature, etc. that would be required to recreate a limb. Bacta can promote healing in what exists, but not recreate what is lost.

Hard core OT, all the way!
tcschenks
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And with that said...heals over pierced ears, expels tattoos from the skin, restores a woman's virginity, etc. Shocked
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was actually a plot point in an old adventure I read - the PCs "wake up" in unblemished bodies, nekkid, and in a strange facility. Long story short, they end up being victims of a mind transfer / mind duplication technology coupled with cloning, and some very, very nasty Bunraku-style prostitution ring slavers.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, another one of those topics attempting to reconcile the implications of real-world medical advances and the movies made in the late 70's/early 80's...

I say clone all the limbs you want. There's really no reason why not, other than we haven't seen it. It's theoretically possible.

But make up some reason that makes metal limbs an easier (and sometimes better option).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: