The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Species minimums and Stock NPCs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Species minimums and Stock NPCs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Agreed. 12d Is the typical level. BUT if they are 1d+1, 1d+2, 2d, 2d, 1d+1 and so on, it only adds up to 8-9D.. NOT 12d..So unless they have 1 or 2 stats above norm (such as the typical imp army trooper which has 3d dex, 3d+1 str, while the rest are 1d+1), then some of those NPC's won't add up..

But that's my whole point. They don't have to add up to exactly 12D. NPCs of humans and other RAW 12D species can have only 8D-9D in total attribute dice. Those characters would be people of less than average ability, but they do exist.

There seems to be a fairly common mentality in the WEG SW RPG that all characters in the galaxy will have exactly 12D or 18D in total attributes. NPCs can be 9D, 12D, 15D, 18D, 21D, whatever.

Especially as they get more experienced, and might have improved their attributes.

For me, I have a persistent view from somewhere that the human average is 2D, and most humans are in the 1D to 3D range... to the point where I thought that WAS the rule. The die code table certainly bears it out...

1D Below human average for an attribute.
2D Human average for an attribute and many
skills.
3D Average level of training for a Human.

1D is below human average, not below human range. For some reason, they just decided that all humans PCs would be "average" or better.
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
WEG doesn't care about consistency.

Yes. WEG doesn't know the meaning of the word. I can't figure out hiw they came up with racial averages too. Oh well.
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Whill wrote:
And, it never made sense to me for any species to have the typical stat also be the minimum stat. So in my game most species attribute ranges for most species have a minimum that is at least a pip (but often more) under the typical attribute value.

This.

Whill wrote:
If something doesn't make sense, change it.

And this.

The rebel spec force book, for example, stats the "elite" spec ops troops as having ~3D in their primary skills (like, you know, blaster), while the rebel alliance source book says that the basic troops on Hoth were rockiokng 5D+ in their primary skills... um.... wut? And then a basic soldier is in the 4D range (still higher than the spec ops guys... go figure).

And then Stormtroopers: Elite of.the galaxy having the worst stats of Imperials and Rebel forces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: