The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Birthday Game: d6 Kwevron intro adventure from d20 RES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Birthday Game: d6 Kwevron intro adventure from d20 RES Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zudrak
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Zudrak wrote:
I just heard about Toys R Us stores across the country will be opening at 12:01 AM Friday morning (AKA Thursday night) for the release of Episode VII stores. I am 99% certain I am going to our local store, to get some birthday goodies for my son.

Force Friday! I have a Toys R Us close by so I am definitely going Thursday night just for the hell of it to see everything. A manager described where all the Star Wars stuff is going to be set-up and it's going to be epic. I don't plan on buying anything (but we'll see).

With my son's birthday being 9/13, I think I am going to (somewhat) splurge. I am-- I mean, he is sure to like having new figures in the house.
Zudrak
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son's 13th birthday party was a success on Saturday. He had six friends over (3 girls, 3 boys). Only one friend had never watched Star Wars of any kind before.

I ran the Attack on Edan Base adventures from the Introductory Box Set. We had a blast! We knew one guest would arrive late but, with the adventure centered around an Imperial attack on a Rebel base and the Rebels' response to it, I knew we could shoehorn the new boy's character into the game soon after he selected it. He arrived as the players were fighting wildcats (trying not to spoil, although I imagine most here know the adventure by now) when a Wookiee shows up and blasts the last one. The other Rebels recognize him from the base and he joins them in time to encounter the Imperial forward base. After the characters set up an ambush plan and defeated the Imperials at the base, they jumped on the speeder bike and landspeeder. At which point, I said, "to be continued."

Since there were no holdover characters from the last birthday party, I had no issue using the Box Set adventures (starting with the Narrator Book as the beginning, leading that into the Adventure Book). It was so much fun. Each of the kids picked up on the game quickly and loved how easy it was to see on their character sheet how many dice needed to be rolled (though they often would ask what their target number was -- heh) when they attempted to perform tasks.

I will try to post a few pictures as I transfer them from my phone to the computer. My wife made all sorts of decorations and together we stocked up on snacks like the limited edition Star Wars cereal (sort of like Lucky Charms with marshmallow pieces) and Cheez-Its. She served pizza and wrapped hot dogs for dinner at 5 and had made "Yoda Soda" (lime sherbet in Sprite soda).

The Awesomeness of the party will be with us. Always.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see someone else is getting use out of The Star Wars Cookbook! Very Happy
Zudrak
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, having little ones again saps the clock (and calendar!) of free time. This past Saturday, I ran another session for my son; this time for his 14th birthday party. While last year's session did not make new gamers of the players, this year may have made a new RPGer out of one of my son's hockey teammates. Smile

I see I never posted pictures from last year, either. I am poor at interwebbing consistently. Ugh. Anyway, I hope everyone is well here.

This year's session, I ran the second part of the Adventure Book from the Star Wars Introductory Adventure Game box set. This time, though, I fast-forwarded the timeline to that of Episode VIII: The Force Awakens. So, this time the players were Resistance members trying to flee Alak (substitute name for Edan Base) from attack by The First Order.

My son played a "Young Jedi" character. He and the local freedom fighters blew up a fuel pod near a First Order landing pad. The First Order was taking prisoners from local farms and sending them to who-knows-where. After the fuel pod set off other pods and crumpled the landing pad into slag and ash, he nearly got lit up by stormtroopers who were previously preparing to send the prisoners up the ramp to the pad for transfer via an incoming Lambda shuttle. The shuttle left the scene after its landing area was compromised. My son's friends piloted a salvaged Y-wing and blasted the base's AT-ST and 2 speeders patrolling the base just before they made paste of my son, his Resistance contact, and the other freedom fighters.

The kids had a blast and the session lasted about 3 hours with interruptions for "Bespin Burritos" and birthday cake. My wife was her usual creative and excellent self with all sorts of stellar Star Wars decorations and food. Next year, my son might have a Dungeons and Dragons party but this was the third Star Wars d6 party and all 3 have been fantastic. Such a great and easy game to introduce players to the hobby and the Star Wars milieu.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zudrak wrote:
Yikes, having little ones again saps the clock (and calendar!) of free time.

The only thing children eat more of than money is time. They are voracious. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: