The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Galaxy Guide 13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Galaxy Guide 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Galaxy Guide 13 Reply with quote

Hey,

So after a long period away from the community online, I have returned and with me I bring a relic from a long, long time ago...

The Scoundrels Handbook. Certainly not branded as GG13, but it could be the basis of it or indeed the book remembered from that time - it was 18 years ago and back then the community didn't really produce Galaxy Guides. Perhaps it has nothing to do with the mythical book at all.

Any how, I was wondering if there was any interest in developing this material along with other content to actual make GG13?

Happy to lead the development if people are interested

Deano
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a fantastic idea. One of the challenges I've seen in the community as of late is that those with the technical and editing skills are very engaged with the jobs that gave them those skills. That and the time it takes raising families.

You'll find a lot of interest probably, but be patient as you set goals and deadlines.

Unfortunately, I find myself unable to commit to a project at this time for both of the aforementioned reasons. Smile
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Reposted from the "Archive of Old D6 Fan Material" Topic]

It seems the Fates have decided that now is the time for the resurrection of GG13.

While digging through my voluminous SWD6 files looking for something else entirely, I found a folder buried deep at the back of a string of other folders. It was entitled Gamblers & Scoundrels.

In that folder were two files: GG13 and Outline.

GG13 is a mostly incomplete text (all of the first chapter and part of the second), but includes a great deal of Fluff on the matter. In addition, the title page does, in fact, say "Galaxy Guide 13: Gamblers & Scoundrels".

Outline is five pages of notes, some duplicating material found in the GG13 file, but also includes some overlapping material.

And yes, I am somewhat chagrined that I just now found this file, which shows as last modified sometime in September of 2012. As you will see, there isn't a lot of game-usable material to be had. However, when combined with the Scoundrels file provided by deano, it is an additional piece of the puzzle.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: