The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Uprising Planets
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Star Wars Uprising Planets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Uprising Planets Reply with quote

So, part of my interest in Star Wars has rekindled due to Star Wars Uprising. Two of the planets are likely to have decent entries (Hoth and Bespin), but three of the major planets (Burnin Konn, Mataou, and Anoat) don't seem to be.

Is anyone else playing? Have you worked up what those planets would look like in the Uprising age?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starwars uprising?? A new cartoon/comic series?
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Starwars uprising?? A new cartoon/comic series?

It's a game for iOS/Android. I've only heard about it, so I can't help with the subject matter, sorry. It's good though, I take it?
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really enjoying it. Your character is a low-level smuggler with obligations to a crime lord and a sister with a dark history that slowly unfolds. It takes place right after Endor, in the Anoat Sector, locked off by an Imperial Blockade. At very high levels (higher than I've gotten), you can learn force powers and 100 level characters are starting to show up with lightsabers.

Main gameplay is going on short (5 minutes or so) missions where you mostly run and gun. There's a side section that I really enjoy of gathering "crew" and sending them on autonomous missions, matching their abilities to the task, and having them gather resources (credits, faction-specific currencies, materials for crafting, etc.); those can also be gained through the gameplay, but it's another revenue stream.

Though it's billed as an RPG, it emphatically is not... while you can choose your race (human, miralan, zabrak, or twi'lek), gender, and appearance, you don't make any real role-playing choices... your responses are scripted, with no choices to be made. If you're in conversation B, it will always go the same way, with minor allowances made for race and gender. I'd class it as an adventure game... sort of like an RPG, with a definite story, but without any role-playing.
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking it too.

The most exciting thing for me is the new equipment and gear. Ships, weapons, items, and then other things like trade organizations and smuggling guilds.

Also, it is the best "canon" listing of materials/metals/crystals and their relative prices and properties yet.

But it definitely makes me want to set an adventure on Burnin Konn and Mataou!
JironGhrad
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should all meet up in-game somewhere. I'm Jiron Ghrad... drop me a friend invite Very Happy
gavin storm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play uprising
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: