The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Origins Game Fair 2016 (June 15-19) Ohio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> Origins Game Fair 2016 (June 15-19) Ohio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Origins Game Fair 2016 (June 15-19) Ohio Reply with quote

Discussion in last year's Origins thread when it started looking forward to this year...

NEW -> http://originsgamefair.com/events/

Hey garhkal, remember this?

garhkal wrote:
For a rundown of the meeting minutes, here it is as promised..

Quote:
K. ‘Low Tier’ Sparks Events (David Stairs)...

This could be a great opportunity for newer players but would have certain schedule limitations.
Never a premiere event
Note that sometimes if 2 tables of a premiere event is run at the same time one can be lower tier and the other higher tier for balance, but it would not be scheduled that way and if there were insufficient players the tables could be combined.
Minimum of 3 Sparks events during the indicated scheduled slot
If the event is by special request (experienced player trying to pick up older missing module), the requestor of the event must be eligible at Sheet 10 or less.
Convention Coordinators can assign an older module even if it was not requested simply for Low Tier use.
Possible anytime the schedule allows for 2 tables of matching events, but as noted above the tables may be condensed to the ‘normal’ table as opposed to ‘Low Tier’ if players would be lost (i.e. make the attempt, but everyone needs to be aware that this result could happen).
Most likely conventions that this would be an option are Gencon and Origins.
Add to the Gencon 2015 Annual meeting for group discussion; additional options or requirements may be realized.
Table for continued discussion at the next meeting with the inclusion of feedback from the Annual meeting.

I took a look at the new events grid. So did the low-tier adventure thing happen? If so, how do I tell which events are low-tier?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Not sure. Heck i didn't even know origins regs was up yet.. Sad Sad

I will have to ask about that for ya.. Give me a day or so.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked in, and though that matter was spoken about (and even discussed in the various meetings since Gencon/Origins last year, it seems no thought was given TO it when our schedule was made for this years convention..

As a heads up the only module premiering at Origins is sunday's running of Sparks 216C (the other 2 parts have already premiered), so Sparks 159 (Battle of Elbaz station) and Sparks 210 (its totally not a trap) would be most likely to get the non high levels (the first more so than the 2nd one)..
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I checked in, and though that matter was spoken about (and even discussed in the various meetings since Gencon/Origins last year, it seems no thought was given TO it when our schedule was made for this years convention..

Well, that is big disappointment to myself and some other Columbus gamers I know who love Star Wars but also don't like playing in games with mixed power-level characters. I'll have to let them know that I tried, I really tried, but it is just not happening this year.

But garhkal, I know you brought it up to them and I do appreciate your efforts. Thank you. Maybe before the schedule is done next time, you can hound them on it.

garhkal wrote:
Sparks 159 (Battle of Elbaz station) and Sparks 210 (its totally not a trap) would be most likely to get the non high levels (the first more so than the 2nd one)..

That would be because they are older so most of the veteran PCs have already played them?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 159, yes. On the 210, its more cause the higher sheeters always try to get INTO any premiers....

But i will take a lot of the blame myself. Back in Jan when we first started banding around the schedule, before submitting it into origins, i never even THOUGHT to raise that issue, as to which slot(s) were being pushed as that 'low tier friendly'.. All cause I completely Forgot about it.
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys! I know I kind of fell off the map for a while, but I took a brake from running until Fall. I will however be at Origins , and would love to belly up to a table with you again Whill. I have at least myself and 2 others playing. Depending on how many you can bring along, we could just box out the high level players on event registration day. the 17, 18, 19 th are the most wide open for me at the moment. Let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: