The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventures for 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Adventures for 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JironGhrad
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Adventures for 1 Reply with quote

So, I'm aware that WEG produced 2 adventures under the Solitaire Adventures logo and also the book Imperial Double Cross. There were also two different (very short) solitaire sections in the REUP books. My question then is are there any others out there (published or not)?

My daughters are nine and want to try the mechanics out and I'm not sure they're emotionally ready to separate the two roles of dad as GM. I have the Double Cross book (loaned to a friend, will get it back in a few weeks but was hoping to have both kids working on something at the same time).
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also had a solitare adventure called Jedi's Honor. It doesn't show up on eBay terribly often, but it does eventually come up. There's one right now listed really high. But usually when it comes up you can get it for $10 or under.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JironGhrad wrote:
So, I'm aware that WEG produced 2 adventures under the Solitaire Adventures logo and also the book Imperial Double Cross. There were also two different (very short) solitaire sections in the REUP books. My question then is are there any others out there (published or not)?

My daughters are nine and want to try the mechanics out and I'm not sure they're emotionally ready to separate the two roles of dad as GM. I have the Double Cross book (loaned to a friend, will get it back in a few weeks but was hoping to have both kids working on something at the same time).

Please be advised that the two "Solitaire Adventures" (Scoundrel's Luck and Jedi's Honor) are not actually solitaire RPG adventures, and I protest WEG's use the word "game" to describe the product. They are merely 'choose your own adventure'-style books with no dice rolling or game mechanics whatsoever. Of course if you want to give your child a chance to pretend to be a (film) character in the Star Wars universe making choices as the character, they are good for that.

The actual solitaire RPG adventures including game mechanics published by WEG are as follows:

"Escape Pod Down" (IAG)
"Cantina Breakout" (R&E)
"Regina Cayli" (AJ#1 - adapted to 2e from 1e core rule book)
"The Void Terror" (AJ#3 and The Best of the Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issues 1-4)
"Crimson Jailbreak" (AJ#5)
"Ruins of Kabus-Dabeh" (Tales of the Jedi Companion)
Imperial Double-Cross
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
JironGhrad
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Whill!

I was also secretly hoping that maybe some of the GMs here had tried writing something similar to the Imperial Double-Cross. Smile Anyone?

Also... IAG? I actually see, from reading your list, that I have all of them except for the R&E and IAG of which I am unsure.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R&E is the main rule book Revised & Expanded, the one with the starfield and the Millenium Falcon shooting after TIEs on the cover, pg9 for Cantina Breakout

IAG is the Introductory Adventure Game - Players Booklet, pg6 for Escape Pod Down

T.C.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks T.C. for coming to the rescue of my over-abbreviation.

JironGhrad wrote:
Thanks Whill!

I was also secretly hoping that maybe some of the GMs here had tried writing something similar to the Imperial Double-Cross. Smile Anyone?

I've thought about making one (shorter than IDC), but it isn't really a priority so I doubt I'll ever do it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
JironGhrad
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyCaine wrote:
R&E is the main rule book Revised & Expanded, the one with the starfield and the Millenium Falcon shooting after TIEs on the cover, pg9 for Cantina Breakout

IAG is the Introductory Adventure Game - Players Booklet, pg6 for Escape Pod Down

T.C.

Were either of those reprinted in REUP?
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Escape Pod Down was reprinted in the REUP, pg 8

Whill wrote:
Thanks T.C. for coming to the rescue of my over-abbreviation.

Glad to help Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: