The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Invasion Era (Mondays at 11:30AM CST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> Invasion Era (Mondays at 11:30AM CST)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Invasion Era (Mondays at 11:30AM CST) Reply with quote

This is going to be a game run on Roll20 using either G+ hangouts or Skype. Any questions let me know.

Quote:

Description: The Yuuzhan Vong invade forty-four years earlier than in the New Jedi Order books, prior to the Battle of Coruscant (between the end of Clone Wars and the beginning of Revenge of the Sith). The setting takes place two years later. The galaxy has changed quite in a but in that time. Anakin now openly married to Padme and the Skywalker twins now two years old, has stepped down as the liaison between the Galactic Republic, now governed by the new chancellor Bail Organa, and the splintering Jedi Order.

Yoda has stepped down from running the Jedi Council after having a disturbing Force vision. Mace Windu has taken over this leadership position and placed Obi-Wan-Kenobi on the council as his right hand man.

Palpatine, after taking a sizable fleet and resources has relocated to Dagobah with Yoda to start the Bendu-Jedi philosophy. This new direction in the Force appears to have a greater effect on the Yuuzhan Vong. Some Jedi and Padawan learners leave the Jedi Order to learn under these two masters.

Young Jedi Knights are suggesting to Anakin he should start a New Jedi Order, one free of the hypocrisy and dogma of the old order.

While confidence in the Jedi Order erodes in the face of the Yuuzhan Vong, the now ally of convenience, Confederacy of Independent Systems continues under the command of Count Dooku and his apprentice Ventress while Greivious commands the vast droid armies.

In Hutt space, the families begin to spend freely from their coffers, hiring ships and mercenaries as well as unveiling their Shadow Fleet for the first time.

As allies of convenience maneuver against one another, while still battling the Yuuzhan Vong onslaught, the players are thrust into a familiar yet very different and dangerous Star Wars universe where they are the heroes!

What I Expect: There is a lot of action in this setting, but it will have a ton of roleplaying in it as well. I am looking for interesting player character concepts and players who will play in the first person and keep the meta-mechanics (out of game discussion) to a minimum. I expect players to bring energy to the table and be ready to add to the descriptive narrative of the game.

What You Should Expect: This will be adventurous and action oriented. This is a new setting for you, so pay attention and look for me to ask you questions that help me detail the galaxy. I will call upon you to add to the narrative, describe things your character sees and above all I will expect you to play your character. I do not need an essay of your character but I would like some background, personality, goals, secrets, and a physical description.

Date & Time: Mondays @11:30AM CST (GMT-6)
Start Date: February-01
Rule System: Star Wars D6 REUP by West End Games
Running Time: 2 + hours
System Knowledge: None
Minimum Maturity Level: 18+
Voice: Google Hangouts/Skype

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
JironGhrad
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, topic says AM, post says PM. Which is it?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JironGhrad wrote:
Just to clarify, topic says AM, post says PM. Which is it?

Thank you for pointing out the oversite, it should be AM and not PM. I have corrected the post. Thanks again.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
JironGhrad
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, sounds fun. Wish I could be consistently free at 11:30 in the morning.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Invasion Era (Mondays at 11:30AM CST) Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
it should be AM and not PM. I have corrected the post.

Sounds interesting. But just curious: Do you know many people off work at Mondays at 11:30AM CST
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Invasion Era (Mondays at 11:30AM CST) Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Sounds interesting. But just curious: Do you know many people off work at Mondays at 11:30AM CST

Nope, Daniel is running the 11:30AM slot and that is mostly Euros and people who have an odd schedule. I am thinking of running the game at night for the US players and those with a more traditional schedule.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Invasion Era (Mondays at 11:30AM CST) Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Whill wrote:

Nope, Daniel is running the 11:30AM slot and that is mostly Euros and people who have an odd schedule. I am thinking of running the game at night for the US players and those with a more traditional schedule.

Nice!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
JironGhrad
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Invasion Era (Mondays at 11:30AM CST) Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:
Whill wrote:

Nice!

+1
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

This sounds like a potentially explosive and phenomenal game!

My work schedule actually DOES give me Sundays and Mondays off. However, I do not, as yet, have unlimited internet, so playing for two plus hours with voice, and possibly video, isn't yet an option for me. However, I'm going to be moving, probably sometime in the next month, and the place to which I'm moving does have unlimited cable internet. So, when I'm there, I can probably play, but I'll be better able to deal with the 11 am CST schedule than the 11 pm one.

If the game doesn't get started before I've moved, I'm hoping you can keep a slot open for me. That, or fill your game up, but figure on me joining after you're already established and running, and so my character could conceivably hook up with the party at some point into the game.

If that's something that would be acceptable, please let me know. Or, even if it's not; I certainly don't want to put you in a bad spot, or pressure you into a situation you'd rather not run. But this sounds really, REALLY fun.

Now, I have to ask because I've never heard of it before...what's Roll20?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: