The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mandalorian Sons of Anarchy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Mandalorian Sons of Anarchy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Mandalorian Sons of Anarchy Reply with quote

I've recently been running a game where the PCs are all members of a Mandalorian Clan. The feel of the game is inspired by the TV show Sons of Anarchy. (about an outlaw motorcycle club, for those who may not know).

a few weeks ago we wrapped up a fairly significant story arc during the 29th session of play.

I decided to go with a TV show feel and write a 'retrospective' for the players as if it was a Magazine article about the "show".

Without them knowing what i was up to, i sent them each a little questionnaire asking a bit about how they like the game so far etc.

The responses formed the basis for the quotes from the "actors".

Here it is if anyone is interested... Very Happy

It was fun to write. They liked; hope its still interesting to third party reader despite some of the inside jokes.

http://1drv.ms/1PknpCK
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched the show yet myself, but I figure at some point I'll binge watch it thru Netflix. I know generally what it's about, but beyond that I have no clue as to story line.

That said, I would LOVE to run in this game! I've not yet had the chance to run a Mandalorian, and it would be an interesting game.

What time frame is your game? Does this clan have anything to do with any of the clone troopers who escaped when the Republic was switching over to the Empire?
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
I haven't watched the show yet myself, but I figure at some point I'll binge watch it thru Netflix. I know generally what it's about, but beyond that I have no clue as to story line.

That said, I would LOVE to run in this game! I've not yet had the chance to run a Mandalorian, and it would be an interesting game.

What time frame is your game? Does this clan have anything to do with any of the clone troopers who escaped when the Republic was switching over to the Empire?

It's 14BBY.

Kal Skirata's deserters are out there but the PCs haven't met them, and aren't likely to.

The basic Sevarisk clan roster looked like this at the start of the game:

Clan Sevarisk

Clan Sevarisk is a Mandalorian clan with historical roots as warriors.

date: bby is Before the Battle of Yavin. It is an out-of-game reference, as the current yeat is 14bby. The players have no idea that there is going to be a battle of yavin in 14 years.

Former Patriarch
Lonnerman Sevarisk (born 96 bby)
Current age: deceased-Mandalorian Civil War
Married to Kemi (Clan Prolesk) Sevarisk
Offspring:
Natural Son: Jeddak Sevarisk (born 78 bby)
Natural Son: Davik Sevarisk (born 71 bby)
Natural Daughter: Franiss Sevarisk (born 61 bby)

Lonnerman was killed at age 52, fighting alongside Jango Fett against Jedi and the Death Watch at the Battle of Galidraan 30 years ago. (44bby)

JEDDAK BRANCH

Jeddak Sevarisk
(born 78 bby) Current age: 64
--Married to Aris (Clan Kelborn) Sevarisk, (born 74bby) current age: 60
Offspring:
Natural Son: Morrow Sevarisk (born 61 bby)
Adopted Son: Bradik (-Jebb) Sevarisk (born 60 bby on Kaikielius)
Natural Son: Stronnik Sevarisk (born 56 bby)

Morrow Sevarisk
(born 61 bby) Current age: 47
--Married to Jenne (Clan Itera) Sevarisk

Offspring:
Natural Son: Veknar Sevarisk (born 44bby) Current age: 30
--Currently mated to Loryka, Clan Sandiine Current age: 27

Natural Daughter: Ustis Sevarisk (born 40bby) Current age: 26
Adopted Son: Tor (former slave named Vrelt) Sevarisk (born 43bby on Nar Shaddaa). Was taken in as a young adult 9 years ago, and given the mando name Tor.
Species: Peloquin;.
Current age: 29

Bradik Sevarisk
(Born 60 bby) Current age: 46
Adopted son of Jeddak Sevarisk
Was picked up on Kaikielius as a pre-teen, after his apathetic crime-lord parents were killed as part of a paid hit.
-Married to Vyxie (Clan Pol) Sevarisk, (Born 55bby) Current age: 41

Offspring:
Natural Son: Kane Sevarisk (born 40bby) current age: 26
Adopted Son: Trigg Sevarisk (born 37bby on Haruun Kal) current age 23
Was picked up as the only surviving child in a village wracked by the ongoing civil war.

Natural Daughter: Sasha Sevarisk (born 32 bby) current age 18

Stronnik Sevarisk
Current age: deceased-Clone War (would have been 42)
--Married to Urielle (Clan Krech) Sevarisk; deceased-Clone War .

Offspring:
Natural Son: Ilya Sevarisk (born 38 bby) current age 24
Natural Son: Darro Sevarisk (born 35 bby) current age 21
Adopted Son: Deshkar Sevarisk (----) (34 bby on Nar Shaddaa) current age 20
Was caught as a thief, later adopted.
Natural Son: Cassus Sevarisk (33 bby) current age 19

DAVIK BRANCH

Davik Sevarisk
(born 71 bby) Current age: 57
--Married: Jillyan (Horlond) Sevarisk, (former aruetii, a luxury liner stewardess, kidnapped/ romanced during a pirate operation.)

Offspring:
Natural Daughter: Taylia (Sevarisk) Zorelle (born 51 bby) current age 37
--Married Mamdu of Clan Zorelle
Offspring:
Natural Son Konnir Zorelle (Born 28bby) current age: 14
Natural Daughter: Nova Zorelle (Born 22bby) current age: 8

Natural Daughter: Shona Sevarisk (born: 47bby): Deceased at 28—Clone Wars.
Natural Son: Kalo Sevarisk (Born: 44bby) Current age: 30
--Married: Delia (Clan Grodni) Sevarisk.
Offspring:
Natural Daughter: Rykka Sevarisk (born: 25bby) Current age: 11
Natural Son: Kad Sevarisk (Born 20bby) Current age: 6

Natural Son Gallik Sevarisk (born: 41bby) current age: 27
--Married: Amanda (Whitmin) Sevarisk, (former aruetii a deep space scout.)
Natural Son: Jaintai Sevarisk (born 23bby) Current age: 9
Natural Son: Belmont Sevarisk (born 17 bby) Current age: 3

FRANISS BRANCH (Married into Clan ORDO)

Franiss (Sevarisk) Ordo
(born 61 bby) Current age: 47
--Married Mytr of Clan Ordo (born 90 bby) current age: 76 (Franiss was his second wife)

Offspring:
Natural Son: Dorn Ordo (born 43 bby) current age 29 (Deceased at 24)-Clone Wars
--Married Hyriot (Clan Skunn) Ordo Current age: 23

Adopted Son Levarr Ordo (born 68 bby on Demar) Current age: 54
Note: Levarr was adopted by Mytr prior to his marriage to Franiss
--Married Parmi (Clan Coritte) Ordo Current age: 47
Offspring:
Natural Son Nadall Ordo (Born 48bby) current age: 34
Natural Son: Kort Ordo (Born 44bby) current age: 30
Natural Daughter: Deena Ordo (Twin: born 34bby) age: 20
Natural Daughter: Sheena Ordo (Twin: born 34bby) age: 20

Natural Daughter: Krishka (Ordo) Cedryc (Born 37bby) current age: 23
--Married to: Bortoll Cedryc (Born 52bby) current age: 38
Offspring:
Natural Son A’den Ordo (Born 19bby) current age: 5
Natural Son Konn Ordo (Born 16bby) current age: 2

Basic Framework Timeline (Stronnik branch focus)

58bby Battle of Concord Dawn (Mandalorian Civil War)
56bby Stronnik born on Mandalore
52bby Battle of Korda Six (Mandalorian Civil War)
44bby Battle of Galidraan (Mandalorian Civil War) – Stronnik’s grandfather, Lonnerman Sevarisk killed at the battle, at age 52.
40bby Stronnik accompanies his father, Jeddak to Concord Dawn for Territorial Guardian operations at age 16.
39bby Stronnik married to Urielle Krech (both at age 17) on Concord Dawn.
38 bby Ilya Sevarisk (born on Concord Dawn)
35 bby Darro Sevarisk (born on Concord Dawn): Ilya 3y/o; Father: Stronnik 21 y/o.
Stronnik operating as Nomad in the galaxy with his brother Morrow as hired guns/ bounty hunters. Urielle raising children on Concord Dawn.

34 bby Deshkar Sevarisk born on Nar Shaddaa to unknown parents

33 bby Cassus Sevarisk (born on Concord Dawn) Ilya 5y/o, Darro 2y/o; Father: Stronnik 23 y/o.
30 bby Stronnik moves his family to Mandalore. Ilya 8y/o, Darro 5 y/o; Father: Stronnik 26 y/o.
Stronnik begins training Ilya and Darro as warriors.

25 bby Stronnik and Morrow answer their brother Bradik’s request for help on Nar Shaddaa in dealing with a criminal organization out for vengeance; bring along Morrow’s son Veknar (19 y/o). The children are left in the care of mother Urielle and grandfather Jeddak (and various others) for continued training and development.
Ilya 13y/o, Darro 10 y/o, Cassus 8 y/o.
With cousins: Ustis 15 y/o
Kane 15 y/o
Trigg 12/y/o
Sasha 7 y/o

24bby Stronnik apprehends Deshkar on Nar Shaddaa at age 10 when he tried to steal from him. Stronnik gives the child a choice of three deaths; blaster, neck break, or tossed off the balcony. Stronnik is impressed and amused by the choice the child makes; (--getting tossed off the balcony; the child reckoned the fall was long enough for him to die of old age before hitting the bottom.) Stronnik gives the kid a job instead as a general helper and messenger.

23bby Cousin Tor, a former henchman of the Hutts, at age 20, is officially adopted by Morrow Sevarisk after a long and brutal battle with the youth trying to protect his hutt master. Morrow was impressed by the young man’s will to win and offered him a better life. When he was adopted, he was awarded the mando name Tor, as Vrelt was his slave-name.

22bby Deshkar Sevarisk is formally adopted by Stronnik on Mandalore at age 12.
Ilya 16y/o, Darro 13y/o, Cassus 10y/o

22bby Start of Clone Wars.
Stronnik sends Ilya to Concord Dawn to serve as a Territorial Guardian. Darro and Deshkar accompany Stronnik on Nomadic training in the galaxy. Cassus continues to train on Mandalore with Urielle and her cousins of the Kech clan who live by Mandalore’s great sea in the jungle belt. Cassus becomes very adept in the water.

21bby Darro is sent to Concord Dawn to serve as a Territorial Guardian at 14y/o, joining Ilya who is training as an Alor’uus (Corporal) at age 17. Deshkar, 13 y/o, continues to accompany Stronnik in his galactic travels as a nomad. They are now joined by Cassus at 11 y/o who is eager to see the galaxy.

20bby Mandalore the Ressurector sends a call to rally the clans to enter the Clone War on the side of the Confederation of Independent Systems.
Stronnik and his wife Urielle rally to the call along with Stronnik’s father Jeddak, his brothers Morrow and Bradik and many of their kin.

Ilya at 18 years of age was sent into battle as a Mandalorian Soldier, who assumed the role of an acting sergeant after a battle with heavy attrition. He developed a brief relationship with Talya Jennis a 19 y/o scout that reported to his unit. They were separated by the tides of war.

Darro, 15 years old, remained on Concord Dawn as a Territorial Guardian, helping to protect the sovereignty in the capital city, though he despaired that no enemy had yet come. He spent much of his time patrolling the cities, learning of the vices.

Deshkar, 14 y/o and Cassus, 12 y/o were left in the care of their grandmother Aris Sevarisk along with their cousin Sasha, 11 y/o, on Mandalore to continue their training at an intensified level to prepare them for a potentially long war.

Cassus spent much of the year with his grandmother’s clan by the ocean developing his water skills with a potential to eventually be an amphibious commando.

19bby Stronnik and Urielle are honoured by induction into the elite commando unit: The Mandalorian Protectors, but are killed in battle on Norval II, just weeks before the end of the war.

19bby End of Clone Wars. Ilya is detained by the Army of the Republic for processing as part of the armistice along with many other Mandalorian soldiers. Several months are spent at a concentration camp made up of many different beings who had been combatants against the Republic.

18bby Ilya (20 y/o) is repatriated to Mandalore and reunited with Deshkar 16 y/o and Cassus 14 y/o.
Darro 17 y/o is still on Concord Dawn working as a Territorial Guardian, with a possible apprenticeship as a Journeyman Protector.

17bby Jeddak and his surviving sons Morrow and Bradik set up an operation on Kal’Shebbol.

Ilya (21y/o), Deshkar (17 y/o), Cassus 15 y/o adjust to the changes coming to Mandalore in the aftermath of the War, living with their 81 year old great grandmother Kemi and their 60 year old grandmother Aris . They continue to train, helping with the young ones, while seeking employment; odd jobs come for family work, employment in re-building operations, as farm hands and in factory work.
Darro( 18y/o), lacking the discipline to become a Journeyman Protector, travels to Mandalore to re-unite with his brothers. He spends much of his time carousing in the capital, Keldabe, buying and selling commodities.

14bby current year. Jeddak has sent for Stronnik’s sons to join the operation on Kal’Shebbol.

Prime Figures in the MC Operation:
Jeddak Sevarisk: Operational Patriarch.

Franiss Ordo: Operational Matriarch

Vyxie Sevarisk: Vice Matriarch

Davik Sevarisk: Vice Patriarch

Morrow Sevarisk: Sergeant at Arms

Mytr Ordo: Treasurer

Bradik Sevarisk: Battle Captain
Veknar Sevarisk: Battle Captain

Warriors:
Loryka Sandiine (Mate of Veknar Sevarisk)
Bralt Durran (Mate of Ustis Sevarisk)
Ustis Sevarisk
Tor Sevarisk
Kane Sevarisk
Trigg Sevarisk
Sasha Sevarisk
Kalo Sevarisk
Gallik Sevarisk
Nadall Ordo
Deena Ordo
Sheena Ordo
-
-
-
-

Prime Figures in the Operations:
Jeddak Sevarisk: Operational Patriarch. (64)
Tactician/ Scout +Rifleman + Combative--------- Commander, Learned

Franiss Ordo: Operational Matriarch (47)
Domestic/ Medic--------- Prudent, Defender:

Vyxie Sevarisk: Vice Matriarch (41)
City Stalker/ Domestic/ Primal--------- Dependable, Prosecutor, Charismatic

Davik Sevarisk: Vice Patriarch (57)
Rifleman/Builder--------------- Responsible, Trustworthy, Respectful

Morrow Sevarisk: Sergeant at Arms (47)
Firesupport/ Combative---------- Decisive, Stern

Mytr Ordo: Treasurer (76)
Gunslinger/ Space pilot+ City Stalker-------------- Dutiful, Prudent

Bradik Sevarisk: Battle Captain (46)
Combative/ City stalker/ Tactician----------- Stern, Teacher, Confident

Veknar Sevarisk: Battle Captain (30)
Gunslinger/ Primal Warrior------------ Fierce, Leader, Dutiful

Warriors:
Loryka Sandiine (Girlfriend of Veknar Sevarisk) (27)
Scout/ Rifleman/ domestic------------ Dependable, Respectful

Bralt Durran (Boyfriend of Ustis Sevarisk) (45)
Primal/ City Stalker------------- Daring, Amiable, Advisor

Ustis Sevarisk (26)
City Stalker/ space pilot/ domestic------------ Confident, Dignified

Tor Sevarisk (29)
Species: Peloquin Primal/ firesupport--------------- Sworn (to free slaves), Fierce

Kane Sevarisk (26)
Combative/ Gunslinger--------------- Showy, Trustworthy, Arrogant

Trigg Sevarisk (23)
City Stalker/ Combative------------------ Advisor, Compassionate

Kalo Sevarisk (30)
Space Pilot/ City Stalker------------- Prepared, Arrogant

Gallik Sevarisk (27)
Primal Warrior/ Combative----------------- Stubborn, Contemplative

Nadall Ordo (34)
Firesupport/ Builder----------------- Courteous, Humorous, Gregarious

Deena Ordo (Twin of Sheena) (20)
Primal Warrior/ domestic/ scout----------- Loyal, Showy

Sheena Ordo (Twin of Deena) (20)
Healer/ domestic/ scout-------------------Gullible, Charismatic

Prospects:

Ilya Sevarisk (24) .-------------------- Loyal, Upbeat
Tactician/ Combative

Darro Sevarisk (21) .-------------------- Sarcastic, Flirt
City Stalker/ Gunslinger

Deshkar Sevarisk (20) .------------------Upbeat, Loyal
Gunslinger/ Combative

Cassus Sevarisk age (19) .--------------Aggressive, Humourous
Rifleman/ Scout

Sasha Sevarisk (18 )
Scout/ domestic.-------------------- Deceptive, Irrepressible
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of these NPCs can be seen in the photo-manips I did on my SWAG blog:

http://www.swagonline.net/blog/dredwulf60/mandalorian-characters
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, is this Mandalorians as a tight-knit outlaw clan, or is this a straight-up Mandalorian swoop gang?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Just to clarify, is this Mandalorians as a tight-knit outlaw clan, or is this a straight-up Mandalorian swoop gang?

Tight knit, family-first vs the rest of the Galaxy.

When I was watching Sons of Anarchy I couldn't help but make the comparisons between the outlaw biker life (as portrayed on TV anyway) and the mandalorian way of life (as portrayed in Karen Travis books).

So I blended them and brought the feel of the TV show to the SW game.

Years ago I did a game I called "Swoop Gangs of Tatooine." It was basically The Fast and the Furious...with swoops.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Very nicely developed!

Gotta say, I'm jealous; it's been a VERY long time since I've gotten to play face to face. Heck, it's been a long time since I've been in an active Star Wars game, period; all the ones I've been a part of dried up. Crying or Very sad
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of each session, each player can try to earn resol'nare points. The other players are encouraged to help by reminding them of certain incidents that happened.

Resol'nare points are like CP but only used to increase a character's Iijat (honor) score...

Iijat is a dice-based representation...like a skill that shows how much esteem the character has in mandalorian culture. It also dictates how much 'stuff' they can build into their armor.

It prevents starting characters from having every piece of equipment and the 'fresher sink crammed into their armor.

Basically mando armor and equipment have a 'Kando' rating. Kando (literally Importance) When you add up all the kando points, you are fine as long as it doesn't surpass your character's iijat level.

If you do surpass it, you are kind of ostracized a bit for being a bit beyond your means; think of it like the people being busted on those stolen valor vids. Go more than a couple points past and your liable to make enemies.

The resolnare document I give to the players:

(i did not write the the resol'nare decription; I can't remember where off the internet I got it, but I did write the examples to illustrate to the players what I'm looking for.)

Resol'nare, The Six Actions

The Resol'nare, or Six Actions, are the core tenets that every Mandalorian is expected to follow in order to belong to the culture.

A character earns a point in ijaat when they effectively demonstrate in a game session their adherence to one of the tenets.

• Ba'jur (education; raising children)

Every Mando'ad is expected to raise their children as Mandalorians, teaching them the art of war, of honor and tradition, and the Resol'nare.

It is a Mandalorian's responsibility to raise children in the traditions of their culture. However this is not simply an imperative to breed, as it might seem on the surface. Mandalorians often adopt their children, caring very little for blood lineage and bowing to the necessities created by their lifestyles as nomadic warriors. This act is a mandate to perpetuate the culture, as are the majority of the Six Acts, by passing it down to both offspring and adopted war orphans.

Examples:
A character who spends time teaching a child, their own or another mando’s earns a point. A character who takes steps to successfully pass on training or experience to another less experienced mandalorian would also earn a point.

• Beskar'gam (armor)

Once Mandalorians reach adulthood, they assemble a suit of armor that suits their needs and skills and wear it in public through their daily lives. This armor serves as a tool, a visual designation of their status as warriors and a symbol of their cultural identity. When among outsiders, many Mandalorians will not even remove their helmets.

Armor is the most outward display of being Mando'ad and says a great deal about its owner. While most outsiders see identical sets of armor varying only in color or minute details, every set of armor is actually quite unique and tailored to suit the comforts, fighting styles, and abilities of its owner.

In addition to wearing the armor, Mandalorians are expected to take care of it and keep it in peak condition, ready for combat at a moment's notice.

Examples:
A character who upgrades his armor or repairs his damaged armor would earn a point. A character who takes a hit while wearing his armor and survives would earn a point. A character who successfully intimidates an aruetii (ah-roo-AY-tee: an outsider) or meets and makes a good impression on a Mando he doesn’t know while whering their armor would earn a point.

• Ara'nov (defense)

Other than armor, Ara'nov is the tenet that sentients most associate with the Mandalorians. All Mando'ade must be able to hold their own in combat, regardless of gender, age, or profession. This concept also extends to defending one's clan in times of need. Many outsiders assume that this tenet infers that all Mandalorians are soldiers by profession, but that is not the case. Mandalorians merely recognize the importance of being able to defend oneself, their clan, and what they believe in.

While anyone can obey the other tenets, Ara'nov is what separates the Mandalorians from most outsiders.

Examples:
A character who fights and defeats a threat in combat would earn a point. A character who puts on an impressive display of skill at arms would earn a point.

• Aliit (family; clan)

While the Mandalorians are best known as a warrior culture, they are also fiercely family oriented. It is expected that Mandlorians will start families once they are able to do so. Not wanting to do so is difficult for a Mandalorian to understand. Each member of a family is expected to protect the others.

. Family is such a crucial part of Mando society that its organization is centered around it, which is made most obvious by their clan structure. However, clans in Mando society are far different than those found in most other galactic cultures.

Mando clans can best be understood with the old proverb, "Aliit ori'shya tal'din," which translates into Basic as, "Family is more than blood." While it is very important to raise the children one births as Mando'ade, adoption is just as important and often more widespread.

Adoptees are given the same status and treated the same as those related by blood. Through this practice, the Mandaorians have managed to remain strong and tight- knit throughout the centuries.

Examples:
A character that goes out of their way to help a clan member would earn a point. A character that displays familial affection would earn a point. A character that displays respect and devotion to senior members of their family would earn a point, as would a character that forgives a mistake of a junior member of their family.

• Mando'a (Mandalorian language)

Although some may disagree, Mando'a is an extremely important part of Mando society and culture. It sets Mandalorians apart from outsiders and it strengthens their bonds with those who have come before. It serves as a form of universal communication and a way to tie together what is otherwise an extremely diverse group of sentients from all species and walks of life. It also allows them to express themselves through proverbs, poetry, and song.

Not only that, but it allows them to express that which is indescribable in any other language. It also serves as a very clear and concise form of communication well adapted to battlefield environments where time is of the essence and long explanations are a frivolous convenience that none can afford.

Because ofMando'a, only a fellow Mandalorian will understand when another uses words like shereshoy and aay'han, even when no one else in the galaxy can. It is part of the cultural identity.

Examples:
A character who makes an honest effort to insert a phrase of mando’a into their in-character role-play, and if the effect is not random but genuinely enhances the encounter would earn a point. If a character picks up on another character’s use of mando’a with a quick response indicating that he understood the exchange without having to do some research would likewise earn a point.

Note that two characters can use their skill in mando’a to communicate effectively and directly with each other by making skill rolls. This is efficient but does not earn a point. Looking for the effort of the players to speak mando'a.

• Mand'alor (Mandalore; leader of the Clans)

It is no coincidence that Mandalorians call themselves "Mando'ade." In Basic, this word translates to, "sons and daughters of Mandalore." Mand'alor is the sole ruler and leader of the Clans. He is the most capable, skilled, and experienced warrior among them.

He leads the Mandalorians against those who would do them harm and those who he would have harmed. He is the embodiment of what it means to be a Mandalorian and he is the guardian of Mando values, traditions, and life. When the Mand'alor calls upon the Clans, it is their sworn duty to answer the call and rally to him. This is Mando law.

Example: Any time the character takes on any mission or activity as dictated by the Mand’alor it is worth a point. This is rare except in times of turmoil.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredwulf60 wrote:
Years ago I did a game I called "Swoop Gangs of Tatooine." It was basically The Fast and the Furious...with swoops.

So is this the same thing? Guys in Mandalorian armor on swoops? Not that I'm complaining; it sounds like fan-boy awesomeness.

Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Dredwulf60 wrote:

So is this the same thing? Guys in Mandalorian armor on swoops? Not that I'm complaining; it sounds like fan-boy awesomeness.

No, the Swoop Gangs of Tatooine was all about young teen types that liked to race their customized machines. I did up a lot of detailed customization rules for the swoops and (I think) good racing game mechanics. A lot like you see in the first Fast and Furious movie. They crossed paths with rival gangs, but they weren't criminal beyond some petty stuff and the fact that racing was illegal.

They were trying to be the best racers around (for amateurs). It was set right around 0BBY...they ended up deciding to form a resistance to the Imperial presence on tatooine...it turned into a Star Wars version of Red Dawn. Swoop bikers doing some half-assed guerilla warfare, until they started getting support from the Rebel Alliance...

But I digress.

The current game is about a family of Mandalorians; I call it an 'Operational Clan' assuming that Mandalorian society has 'regular' people that work in factories and do regular jobs and have their culture more as tradition. An operational clan is the members of a large family that go out into the galaxy and do what mandos are known for; warriors for hire.

This particular family has carved a niche on Kal Shebbol. They run guns for a resistance cell, they provide protection for a dozen shady businesses, they basically do whatever they can to make money. Though they avoid outright criminal acts like bank robbery and such, since they are all Imperial Peace Keeping Certificate holders and don't want that revoked.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww. I was addicted to SoA for the first 2-3 seasons (had to stop watching when I became a trucker; not a lot of TV time on the road). When you said Mandalorian Sons of Anarchy, it immediately conjured images of a swoop gang in Mando armor. As fast as swoops are, IMO, it would actually make sense to have the pilot in a full armor suit, complete with a helmet-mounted HUD to help navigate...

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Awww. I was addicted to SoA for the first 2-3 seasons (had to stop watching when I became a trucker; not a lot of TV time on the road). When you said Mandalorian Sons of Anarchy, it immediately conjured images of a swoop gang in Mando armor. As fast as swoops are, IMO, it would actually make sense to have the pilot in a full armor suit, complete with a helmet-mounted HUD to help navigate...

Plus, a full set of beskar'gam would go a LOT farther to providing real protection that a biker scout's armor would. In addition, although a gang of biker scouts can be a fairly imposing sight, a gang of Mando'ade bikers would be truly terrifying spectacle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: