The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Boba Fett?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Boba Fett? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Boba Fett? Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

In most of my SWUs, Jodo Kast was a villain who ended up getting killed before Boba Fett.

For reasons I can't explain, that disappoints me.

I just went and looked up the details.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Boba Fett? Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Whill wrote:

In most of my SWUs, Jodo Kast was a villain who ended up getting killed before Boba Fett.

What details? The EU details of Jodo Kast? Kast was a part of the Rebellion at one point, and Boba Fett survives the Sarlacc to kill Kast a year later for impersonating him? Those are the details I just read. I didn't know that until just now.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Boba Fett? Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
cheshire wrote:
Whill wrote:

What details? The EU details of Jodo Kast? Kast was a part of the Rebellion at one point, and Boba Fett survives the Sarlacc to kill Kast a year later for impersonating him? Those are the details I just read. I didn't know that until just now.

Yeah, I'd read how Fett had killed him. I missed the part where it happened after the Sarlac pit. I guess that's what I get for looking at wookieepedia while I'm getting the kids ready for school.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I supposed that my current view of Boba Fett was influenced by Jodo Kast. Kast was a Fett wanna-be who took advantage of Boba Fett's reputation to intimidate others, but could never live up to standard of Boba Fett. I see Boba Fett taking advantage of his father's reputation (of course using Jango's armor and ship), but never actually lives up to his father.

It makes me want to go in a totally different direction in my next SWU. Maybe Jodo Kast is a real Mandalorian and a real bad@ss who views Boba Fett as the imposter. Maybe Kast was a former partner or natural son of Jango, and Kast feels he is the true heir of Jango's legacy. Or maybe Fett and Kast are equals who secretly work together to further the legend and reputation of "Boba Fett".
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

It makes me want to go in a totally different direction in my next SWU. Maybe Jodo Kast is a real Mandalorian and a real bad@ss who views Boba Fett as the imposter. Maybe Kast was a former partner or natural son of Jango, and Kast feels he is the true heir of Jango's legacy. Or maybe Fett and Kast are equals who secretly work together to further the legend and reputation of "Boba Fett".

I am a total Boba Fett fan, have been since watching ESB and I was horrified at the lame death he got in RotJ. That being said I really like the idea of making Jodo the real badass and using an ingame approach to tell a story that makes Boba's death more of a consequence of karma than random bad luck. I'm not sure yet what twist I will put on it, but I thank you for the idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: