The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Retiring my Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Retiring my Account
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Retiring my Account Reply with quote

Hello (or rather Farewell) all,

I am "retiring" my account here at the Rancor Pit. This has been an amazing place to discuss rules, books, resources, and anything relate to Star Wars. It certainly is not because I don't like it here or that I have been offended in some way by anyone here. Quite the contrary, I have greatly enjoyed the input and expert opinions of guys like cheshire, Whill, and others too many to name.

The REUP project was amazingly fun. I think we put together a really neat fan book. I always hoped it would spark interest in other Star Wars fans to build their own D6 fan books, for whatever... And hopefully it did. But I guess you could say I am totally burned out on being associated with it.

Let me be clear, because this always seems to be the first question people ask. No LucasFilm or Disney has never contacted me or anyone else to shut it down... I am not "retiring" because I fear this... We (as a community, not the REUP team) have been making fan books for almost two decades, and LucasFilm has been very cool to let their fans play in their galaxy, as long as we respect it.

But since REUP has been out there, I have felt little desire to engage in the community or do more writing, mostly because there seemed an obligation to the game (probably more my imagination than reality)... I felt there was expectation that I would produce more sourcebooks and adventures. This is mostly my own fault for mentioning that I wanted to do so... I was the most excited of anyone I guess.

REUP has taken a life of its own, and it is something I am no longer part of, nor do I wish to be part of its further development. Sometimes, after climbing a mountain you look down and say, "Wow, that was rather pointless, but what a great experience it was." That is exactly how I feel about it. I really enjoyed the process, then it was just "whatever".

I have had dear friends drift away, others get caught up in some disturbing situations, others simply leaving the D6 community... and over what? Well frankly it is this stupid game. As I sit here in my home office, I scratch my head wondering what the heck happened. Perhaps folks took things too seriously. Maybe I was the cause of this... It certainly makes be feel very sad, and fills me with regret for ever getting excited about REUP in the first place. In any account, I cannot be part of REUP again, and I will definitely take a prolonged break from all communities for a while.

Suffice it to say, I have not quit playing D6 Star Wars. My home game is as fun as ever, and I am, and will continent to work on my 1st edition remake. Unfortunately I will probably not be sharing this rulebook outside of my game table, for privacy reasons. I have been enjoying going back to the roots gaming at home with my friends.

I hope to be back here sometime soon... I have been a lurker here for a long time, and I am sure to return, but you will certainly not know that I was "the REUP guy".
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see you go. I for one would be interested to see what you come up with for the 1E REUP, however things work out.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wish you good luck in your future pursuits. I found the REUP very useful and I am grateful for fans like you who share their knowledge with the rest of us. I guess I only have one thing left to say, May the force be with you.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad to see you go. I thank you personally for helping so much with my project.

I know what it is like to work on something for so long then to put out in the world for people to judge and when you complete it to feel like whats was the point.

It kinda of like a new mom feeling postpartum depression. Hope the feeling passes and you come back even if you no longer work on projects.

Your voice was always a positive and helpful one in the community and we need more like you.
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the amazing work on REUP, damn sorry to hear that it burned you out. Best of luck to you.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully when your burnout disappears you will think to come back..

Sorry to see you go man.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Retiring my Account Reply with quote

klhaviation wrote:
Hello (or rather Farewell) all,

I am "retiring" my account here at the Rancor Pit. This has been an amazing place to discuss rules, books, resources, and anything relate to Star Wars. It certainly is not because I don't like it here or that I have been offended in some way by anyone here. Quite the contrary, I have greatly enjoyed the input and expert opinions of guys like cheshire, Whill, and others too many to name...

...It certainly makes be feel very sad, and fills me with regret for ever getting excited about REUP in the first place. In any account, I cannot be part of REUP again, and I will definitely take a prolonged break from all communities for a while.

Suffice it to say, I have not quit playing D6 Star Wars. My home game is as fun as ever, and I am, and will continent to work on my 1st edition remake. Unfortunately I will probably not be sharing this rulebook outside of my game table, for privacy reasons. I have been enjoying going back to the roots gaming at home with my friends.

I hope to be back here sometime soon... I have been a lurker here for a long time, and I am sure to return, but you will certainly not know that I was "the REUP guy".

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience, and I'm sorry to see you go. Maybe you'll return in the future, even if with new identity. Regardless, I'm glad to hear you're going forward with your personal 1e revision and still playing SW with your gaming group.

Best wishes. May the Force be with you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: