The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Regularly Requested Resources Section
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Regularly Requested Resources Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Regularly Requested Resources Section Reply with quote

We tend to get a lot of duplicate requests from new users who are looking for specific resources. Might it be possible to provide a section where links to completed resources, such as the Gry Sarth compilations or Guardian A's NPC collections, could be stickied for ease of location? Speaking for myself, I've posted in over 1,000 topics, and can't always remember where everything is.

Maybe keep all the links in one post near the top. Members can make suggestions, and the mods can add them to the top post?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... maybe what we can do is edit his original post for the fanbook collection and just keep adding to the list.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. if you want to provide me a set of links to things you think need to be added to the first page of the fan-made sourcebook page, then I'm more than happy to do the editing. I'm a little tied up this week and doing a thorough treasure hunt isn't in my capacity.

Term papers come in today. Sad
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure any list I could think of would be incomplete. It'd produce more results to let the community as a whole offer suggestions. Guardian As NPC collections are an obvious choice...

cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got his added to the first page of the Fan Book thread, as well as the REUP and the Correlian Engineering sourcebook.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be for that. Perhaps make a new sub-forum. SW resources!

Could also include thread where people have made their own handouts, DM screens etc.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I would be for that. Perhaps make a new sub-forum. SW resources!

Could also include thread where people have made their own handouts, DM screens etc.

"Resources" are Tools, and we have a forum for that. I think with sticky threads, and updating the first page of threads as Cheshire spoke to, we can make do with the Tools forum.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.

However, another possibility occurred to me after posting. Considering the sheer number of resource materials that have originated from the Rancor Pit, it might be even more appropriate to add a Downloads section to the main Rancor Pit page.

evilnerf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it wouldn't necesssarily need to be downloads. If there was just a single post that could be edited and updated as new things are found, or released

I'd make the post just to add the stuff I've been able to find myself, but it locks against editing pretty quick.

Maybe the mods can edit differently? One of you can just put a post, everyone posts links to resources and then the Mod edits the top post to show the accumulated links?
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been able to edit my own posts years before becoming a mod, even a long while after I'd made the original post.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the ranking system. I'm not sure, though.

But yes, the mods can edit a post. I'm actually in the process of editing one of Gry Sarth's posts in the Fan-Made books thread (which is stickied in the tools forum).

If you want to post any links later in that thread and request that I put it on the front page, I'd be happy to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: