The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

sector ranger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> sector ranger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: sector ranger Reply with quote

One odd thing when I was reading up on sector rangers. The NPCS had player char level stats.

Making a template would be easy.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you make up a template or two then!
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they can't be like storm troopers, those guys are so unreliable in a jam. you can look at the sector Rangers as being like the us marshalls. It takes a very special person to qualify for marshall traing, I think only 5% of applicants make it.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are NPC stats for Sector Rangers in Pirates & Privateers. That might be a place to start.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had looked in GG 11.

Thank you for the other source.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that some of them were actually Antarian Rangers, who were Sector Rangers who worked specifically with the Jedi. That doesn't mean they have any different skills, per se; it simply means they had a special working relationship with the Jedi.

Now, some of them might actually be Force-sensitive, and a LOT of them wanted to be Jedi. These might be individuals whose Force sensitivity was discovered when they were deemed too old to begin the training. So, if you create an Antarian Ranger, rather than simply a Sector Ranger, you could get away with giving them some Force sensitivity, and would also then have a possible plot hook...because, during the Empire era, at least, during the early years, the remaining AND new clones (the new ones being those who were created using the faster Spaarti method, and who were trained by Corellians, not Mandalorians, and so have a VASTLY different outlook on life.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx1138 wrote:
Well they can't be like storm troopers, those guys are so unreliable in a jam. you can look at the sector Rangers as being like the us marshalls. It takes a very special person to qualify for marshall traing, I think only 5% of applicants make it.

That link with US Marshall's makes me wonder..
Do sector rangers have Jurisdiction issues? Do they override local/planetary law enforcement much like our FBI can? If they are pursuing a suspect and he is getting ready to skip into an unaligned/neighboring sector can they still go after him/her?
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Thx1138 wrote:

That link with US Marshall's makes me wonder..
Do sector rangers have Jurisdiction issues? Do they override local/planetary law enforcement much like our FBI can? If they are pursuing a suspect and he is getting ready to skip into an unaligned/neighboring sector can they still go after him/her?

Yes, they can overide local, if local is impeding them.

No, they normal can not go to other sectors, well there is a type listed in GG 11 that can. SEO special enforcement officers, an advanced form of rangers, without sector boundaries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: