The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Outer Rim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> The Outer Rim
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirkCorman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: The Outer Rim Reply with quote

I'm getting round to creating the worlds, and systems presided over by the Moff from my scenario, and wonderfully fleshed out by shootingwamprats.

Can any new planets and systems be inserted into what is known about the region already? Is it plausible that there are still areas in the Outer Rim that haven't been explored fully?
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wookepedia has lists of "known" systems in outer rim sectors. However most sectors are not fully detailed, and even fewer mapped.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its your game and you can place systems where you want. I don't care what any damn galactic atlas says.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus a lot of outer rim planets may not even have a name, only a numerical designation.
DirkCorman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. So basically I have 'Carte Blanche' then...

I've got a few ideas...
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The Outer Rim Reply with quote

DirkCorman wrote:
I'm getting round to creating the worlds, and systems presided over by the Moff from my scenario, and wonderfully fleshed out by shootingwamprats.

FYI, Moffs preside over entire sectors. Governors reside over planets.

shootingwomprats wrote:
Its your game and you can place systems where you want. I don't care what any d*mn galactic atlas says.

I agree, DC. It is your SWU and your game, so place existing planets, system and sectors anywhere you want. Add new locations anywhere you want. It's your galaxy.

However, your question is not about moving existing worlds and systems, but rather creating new ones. And it seems from the fact that you asking the question, that you may be asking with respect to what has been established, so below...

DirkCorman wrote:
Can any new planets and systems be inserted into what is known about the region already? Is it plausible that there are still areas in the Outer Rim that haven't been explored fully?

Sectors can have 50 or more inhabited systems and hardly any are mapped out in detail, so there is plenty of room for you to add your original systems to just about anywhere in the galaxy. A lot of the sectors do have established capital systems though.

As far as adding entire original sectors to the existing EU, there are some different considerations for different galactic regions. The Core, Colonies and Inner Rim have not had sector placement mapped out so it's an open book. The Expansion Region and Mid Rim have had sector placement completely mapped out, but none of these regions form a complete circle around the galaxy, so there are always the western frontiers of these regions (in the northern and southern galaxy) if you want to push Wild Space/Unknown Regions out further, which would make sense for newer sectors.

The Outer Rim has also had its sectors "completely" mapped out, but since it is the outer rim, there's room all the way around the entire "established" outer edge for more sectors. Of course the EU has been demoted to Legends status, so if you are only concerned with modern story group Canon, the galaxy hasn't been mapped out at all, so the galaxy is your oyster.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DirkCorman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to go for the outer reaches, there looks like a vast vast area that's been unexplored.

And thank you for your assistance..

Whats the average number of planets to a sector?

Do we have a good resource for creating sectors and systems?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most sectors do not have more than 50 star systems with habitable worlds (among many more stars), but I don't think any average has been established.

Planets of the Galaxy is your best bet for WEG SW, but it focuses on designing individual planets and doesn't really plot out entire systems that make sense. But it works good enough for making quick planets in systems with only one significant world where the rest of the system isn't important.

If you really want to plot out realistic entire star systems, then I highly recommend picking up D6 Space 4th Edition. If you can't get a hold of that, then one of the earlier editions about be good (newer the better). There are some online resources for that book, but they may be a bit difficult to deal with without the book (or a background in cosmology).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may help just as a quick way of doing it.
No D6 stats, but it will save you the generation rolls.
http://donjon.bin.sh/scifi/system/
DirkCorman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: