The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fort Anaxes (Canon)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Fort Anaxes (Canon)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Fort Anaxes (Canon) Reply with quote

Quote:

Fort Anaxes
A Galactic Republic military base constructed on a remote asteroid. After the Clone Wars ended, it was abandoned and fell into disrepair. At least four years prior to the Battle of Yavin, a colony of fyrnocks had nested in the remains of the base.

Name: Fort Anaxes
Region: Outer Rim Territories
Sector: -
System: -
Sun(s): 1
Trade Route(s): -
Orbital Position: 1
Moon(s): -
Length of Day: -
Length of Year: -
Starport(s): 1 Landing field

Type: Asteroid belt
Temperature: Barren
Atmosphere: Type I
Hydrosphere: Arid
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Rocky, pock-marked planetoid
Points of Interest: Fort Anaxes
Native Flora: -
Native Fauna: Fyrnock

Native Species: -
Immigrated Species: -
Population: -
Languages: -
Government: -
Tech Level: -
Planet Function: Shadowport
Major Cities: -
Major Exports: -
Major Imports: -
Affiliation: Old Republic, pirates, smugglers

Source: +Oliver Queen

Game Notes:
Fort Anaxes resides on one of the largest asteroids in the surrounding asteroid field. Close to the system sun it is tidally locked and is in full sunlight at all times. Surrounding asteroids, with erratic orbits will block sunlight from Fort Anaxes several times a day. The amount of time this lasts can be from several minutes, hours or standard days.

Edits:
1. No longer has a named sector, system or star. There is no information on this. It can be inferred it is a near Lothal.
2. Added under primary terrain: Rocky, pock-marked planetoid.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the Anaxes system located in the Core Worlds, in the Azure sector?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael Hasselstein wrote:
Isn't the Anaxes system located in the Core Worlds, in the Azure sector?

Fort Anaxes
shares its name with the planet you suggest but the system itself only had a a large asteroid belt revolving around a single star. On of the largest, most stable asteroid the Galactic Republic built a base during the Clone Wars then later decommissioned it. Years after that it was used by smugglers and others. Nothing more than a few abandoned buildings, a stripped base/hangar the area is littered with 15+ year old destroyed and abandoned equipment.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Isn't Anaxes located in the Core Worlds, in the Azure sector?

Fort Anaxes
shares its name with the planet you suggest but the system itself only had a a large asteroid belt revolving around a single star. On of the largest, most stable asteroid the Galactic Republic built a base during the Clone Wars then later decommissioned it. Years after that it was used by smugglers and others. Nothing more than a few abandoned buildings, a stripped base/hangar the area is littered with 15+ year old destroyed and abandoned equipment.

Right, but your write-up says that this Fort Anaxes
is in the "Anaxes system", and the "Anaxes sector".

I don't mean to curb your creative license or anything, but I'm just curious why you would recycle the name for the system, sun, and sector.

As I'm checking myself, I made the error of calling Anaxes the "Anaxes system," which, according to Wikipedia doesn't exist. Anaxes is a planet in the Axum system. However, it's commonly called the Anaxes system because Anaxes is a much more prominent planet than Axum is.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but your write-up says that this Fort Anaxes is in the "Anaxes system", and the "Anaxes sector".

I don't mean to curb your creative license or anything, but I'm just curious why you would recycle the name for the system, sun, and sector.

Fair enough and a great point. I will leave those areas blank as we do not have information on them. One could infer that it is near the sector that Lothal is located.

Quote:
As I'm checking myself, I made the error of calling Anaxes the "Anaxes system," which, according to Wikipedia doesn't exist. Anaxes is a planet in the Axum system. However, it's commonly called the Anaxes system because Anaxes is a much more prominent planet than Axum is.

More good information. Keep it coming!
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: