The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

bowcaster/ bo-rifle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> bowcaster/ bo-rifle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: bowcaster/ bo-rifle Reply with quote

The wookiee bowcaster has its own skill. Should the lasat (zeb from Rebels) bo-rifle have its own skill or should it just be a blaster and melee specialization. I persoanly give the character a Bo-rifle skill like the wookiee bowcaster

Last edited by griff on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just as possible that a single weapon would require different skills depending on its usage. A throwing knife can be used with either Thrown Weapons or Melee Combat, depending on its use. A blaster rifle equipped with a bayonet would use either Blaster or Melee Combat, and I would think that is the case here.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: bowcaster/ bo-rifle Reply with quote

griff wrote:
The wookiee bowcaster has its own skill. Should the lasat (zeb from Rebels) ho-rifle have its own skill or should it just be a blaster and melee specialization. I persoanly give the character a Bo-rifle skill like the wookiee bowcaster

Makes sense to me if you have some rationalization why the bowcaster and ho-rifle (? is that what SW pimps use?) are harder to use than regular blasters and require some special skill.
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to edit first post. Thanks for point out error. Hard to type on smart phone.
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
Had to edit first post. Thanks for point out error. Hard to type on smart phone.

Sorry, I wasn't being snarky... I've not seen the cartoon so I thought that was the name!
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is gooing to require its own skill, you might consider developing a unique function for the weapon. Even something as "lame" as a bow and arrrows can be more useful and effective than a blaster: exotic/poison-tipped arrows, explosive arows, telekinetically guided arrows fired by some back-world force using tribe... plus arrows can be lobbed.

A bo-rifle might have some particular quirk or function that makes it "worth" the extra skill. I havent watched much of Rebels, either, so I dont have any specific input, sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: