The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Possible new force power. Need help naming
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Possible new force power. Need help naming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Possible new force power. Need help naming Reply with quote

I am thinking of writing out a new force power, that would do something similar to the ADND spell, Faerie fire, in that it will cause the target(s) of the power, to be outlined (or glow) with a radiance that makes it EASIER for them to be hit by ranged attacks.

For the mechanics of the power i am thinking it would be a Control and Alter power
Diff, Control roll 10+ proximity and inverse relationship
Alter roll resisted with perception (or control for force users) + prox.

For every 4 the alter roll beats the target # by, the target(s) glow/are lined with a fiery glow that causes all enemies to shoot as if they had a +2d to their ranged weapon attack pool for 1 round.

If the user of the power wishes, he can try to line more than one target, adding +5 per additional person to both the control and Alter rolls, but uses the HIGHEST control or Perception roll as the base number.

Also while lined/illuminated, the victim/target, cannot try and sneak away or if already sneaking, has to reroll, with a -3d penalty (or +3 to opponents search or perception skills to notice, not sure here)..

What do you think of the mechanics? Good, bad, needs more work?
What do you think it should be named?
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Ignite Essence?

Other possibilities; Amplify Essence, Combat Focus, Project Target, Amplify Echo, Force Echo

I could easily see multiple stages of this. Easy would be to make the target more visible only to other force users. Moderate would be to heighten the target's detection via secondary senses - scent, hearing, extrasensory. Difficult would be to make the target visibly noticeable, by charging the air around the target with ionizing particles.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... not sure I understand the need for a relationship modiifier....? Or why control is a component. I think I could see sense as a component (needing the ability to "locate" the targets in the Force). What's your thinking as to using control?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like using the powers of control anothers pain, heal anothers wounds etc, control is linked with Alter.
Random_Axe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the first component should be Sense (with a Sense Life prerequisite) since the Force has to sense where your target is, but I definitely don't like the Relationship modifier. I recommend Distance mod only.

For a name, how about Force Locate?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reasoning for the inverted relationship modifier, is that it is easier to 'illuminate' someone else, especially someone you may not know, than it would be a friend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: