The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Shooting Womp Rats D6 Podcast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Shooting Womp Rats D6 Podcast Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. I hit up social media and here in the hopes that it will carry via word of mouth. I think I'm going to start putting the episodes on reddit.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a cover-art of some kind. Mine is POS, but the fact of the matter is without it it looks unfinished. You might also add your RSS feed to RPGPodcasts.com, you'll probably get some hits over there.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a shared folder on my Google Drive which has the first 25 episodes, and 26+ ore available on the D6 Holocron SWR page, would be nice to have everything listed together on the reddit.

T.C.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think you have moderator access, Ty.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyCaine wrote:
I added a shared folder on my Google Drive which has the first 25 episodes, and 26+ ore available on the D6 Holocron SWR page, would be nice to have everything listed together on the reddit.

T.C.

Thanks Ty! That's awesome. Would I be able to get a link to your drive?
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:

Thanks Ty! That's awesome. Would I be able to get a link to your drive?

Here you go, the first 26 episodes (25 + pilot) are uploaded to my Google Drive folder share, from 26 onwards are available at the D6 Holocron, so here are the links...

Quote:

Shooting Womp Rats Episodes 0-25:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7hbaKpCdGGkVEQ0bjlrR1FKYVU&usp=sharing

Shooting Womp Rats Episodes 26+:
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats/

T.C.
Ranger3277
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, maybe I'm not that computer smart, but how can I download episodes 26 and on for this podcast?
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger, let me see if I can put together the links for you to the mp3s themselves.

[EDIT]
Here's the links to the individual episodes for 26+ (up to and including the newest episode 42), you should be able to "right-click" and "save as" on each of the links to download them.

Quote:

SWD6 Podcast Episode 26
SWD6 Podcast Episode 27
SWD6 Podcast Episode 28
SWD6 Podcast Episode 29
SWD6 Podcast Episode 30
SWD6 Podcast Episode 31
SWD6 Podcast Episode 32
SWD6 Podcast Episode 33
SWD6 Podcast Episode 34
SWD6 Podcast Episode 35
SWD6 Podcast Episode 36
SWD6 Podcast Episode 37
SWD6 Podcast Episode 38
SWD6 Podcast Episode 39
SWD6 Podcast Episode 40
SWD6 Podcast Episode 41
SWD6 Podcast Episode 42

[/EDIT]

T.C.
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that feeling again that you use the podcast to critique or rebutt or get the last word in on forum discussions
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning what?

What sorts of ideas or topics would you like to see discussed?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But aegis, in all seriousness they can do that as it is their podcast, and even then I wouldn't say that they are getting the last word they are just making public (in a different format of course...) their thoughts on posts. In my mind it (and this is the only comparison I can think to make...) it's no worse than being 'flamed' on a message board or having something discussed ad nauseam on the boards. Nothing they have said or mentioned has ever offended me or even made me think they were getting in the last word or ridiculing the posters here somehow...

Personally, and I kind of doubt they could logistically do it, I'd love for them to do some pod casts where they talk to long time GMs or web designers of the many D6 sites about their influences and games over the year. I for one would like to hear other perspectives about the game or games...maybe use it as a way to feature, in a reasonably constructed time frame given in the limited time they have to talk, house rules for different games or even some aspect of their individual games.

Keith
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news on that point as we're reviewing Galaxy Guide 16 for this next episode, then the upcoming Medical Sourcebook.

We've developed as well as discussed some house rules, the primary of which is the corruption system that Don himself has written. You can find that here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xnOmQLCA3hUNLLDMhsyWYbTsybto7JoHQYEDC55RcR0/edit?usp=sharing

As for talking to long-time GMs, we'd love to interview more people. Sadly, I'm having a hard time finding those people. If you know of anyone, please share. We've had a representative of SPARKS over the year, as well as a couple of authors of fan-made material, but I'd love to interview other folks.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honored! You two gents let me know if you have any questions about the material, and bearing in mind GG16 is an in-progress document, any suggestions to make it kick copious amounts of @$$ would be most welcome!

Also if there's time around the holiday season id love to chat about it, mayhaps even on the podcast if you'd like (though I've never done that sort of thing)
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:

As for talking to long-time GMs, we'd love to interview more people. Sadly, I'm having a hard time finding those people. If you know of anyone, please share. We've had a representative of SPARKS over the year, as well as a couple of authors of fan-made material, but I'd love to interview other folks.

Having run Star Wars for going on 19 years, with 3 different version of the Mutt Squad website over the years and having been all over these boards and countless others I'd offer myself up for an interview. Beyond that, I am local for you, so that might make it slightly easier to do...LOL
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week it was specifically the Z-95 discussion.

Yes its flattering to have someone mention a post made, but it just sometimes feels like the only viewpoint on a particular post is yours. No mention of an opposing view, and as such I'm left with the feeling that you aren't so much reporting both sides, but using the podcast to win arguments without dissent.

It also doesn't always feel like you've done your homework on specific issues. (one of you didn't know basic facts about the product you were reviewing --if only one of you knows, then one of you should be talking, the other can ask questions, but It felt like you were giving opinions on something you had never seen. (I had that issue with a few posts of mine you've discussed. It felt like you read the first post in a thread and then reviewed it without all the information) or were offering an opinion on a particular GM technique before you had seen it in use.

I like to hear your opinions, but make them informed opinions, not just talking to have something to fill time.

I'd like fewer issues, but better research, personally.

Example: on the Z-95 discussion there are Legends canonical Z-95s with split wings (Booster Terrik's for example) which would seem to be an after-market addition.

Also its established that Incom took some customizations and made them into production line stuff for later models (Example, the addition of a hyperdrive by Adar Tallon was later copied by Incom for production line Z-95s. The early versions dont have them.

the final Z-95 posted on the board would seem to fit that pattern of a field modification (such as Booster Terrik's) becoming productionized.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 30 of 37

Jump to: