The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Critical Injury list
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Critical Injury list
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Critical Injury list Reply with quote

Ok so I had a afternoon and thought I would tackle critical injuries. This will most likely be in the medical source book if I can get it to the level that I think is good. So I would like some feedback on it. If wording needs to be fixed or more Injuries added or changed mechanics. Thanks in advance. Used a mix of homebrew and EOE Critical injury chart.

Optional Rule: Critical injuries
When rolling for damage a 6 on the wild die can be either rerolled as normal or used as a Critical Injury. If wild die is rerolled and results in a 6 then the same choice can be made.

A Stunned Critical Injury lasts for the rest of the round and for the next round and can be healed by a medpack. Treat as normal

A Wounded Critical Injury lasts until healed and can be healed by a medpack. Treat as one level higher in difficulty to heal.

An Incapacitated Critical Injury lasts until healed and must be healed by a Bacta Tank/Surgery. Treat as one level higher in difficulty to heal.

A Mortally Wounded Injury lasts until healed and if it can must be healed by a Bacta Tank/Surgery. Treat as two levels higher in difficulty to heal.

Stunned
Stunned characters suffer a penalty of -ID to skill and attribute rolls for the rest of the round and for the next round. A stun no longer penalizes a character after the second round, but it is still "affecting" him for half an hour unless the character rests for one minute.
If a character is being "affected" from a number of stuns equal to the number before the "D" for the character's Strength, the character is knocked unconscious for 2D minutes. A character making an Easy first aid total can revive an unconscious character.

Roll 1D
1 Slowed Down: Suffers an additional -1D to initiative rolls.
2-3 Sudden Jolt: Character must make a Moderate Strength roll or drop whatever they are holding.
4 Distracted: Character cannot perform any free actions.
5 Off Balance: Movement Rate is reduced by 2.
6 Stinger: Increase the difficulty of next action by one level.

Wounded/Wounded Twice
Wounded characters fall prone and can take no actions for the rest of the round. The character suffers a penalty of -1D to skill and attribute rolls until he heals (through medpacs or natural rest). A character who is wounded a second time is wounded twice.
A character who's wounded twice falls prone and can take no actions for the rest of the round. The character suffers a penalty of -2D to all skill and attribute rolls until he is healed. A wounded twice character who is wounded again is incapacitated.

Roll 2D
1-3 Head Ringer: Increases the difficulty of all KNOWLEDGE/PERCEPTION rolls made by this character by one level.
4-5 Fearsome Wound: Increases the difficulty of all STRENGTH rolls made by this character by one level.
6-7 Agonizing Wound: Increases the difficulty of all DEXTERITY rolls made by this character by one level.
8-9 Dazed: Character cannot perform multiple actions in a round.
10 Hamstrung: Movement rate is halved.
11 Overpowered: Character defenses are overwhelmed. Attacker may attack again without a multiple action penalty.
12 Winded: Character is automatically the last to go in a round regardless of the initiative roll.

Incapacitated
An incapacitated character falls prone and is knocked unconscious for 10D minutes. The character can't do anything until healed. An incapacitated character who is wounded or incapacitated again becomes mortally wounded.
A character making a Moderate first aid total can revive an incapacitated character. The incapacitated character is now awake, but is groggy, cannot use skills, and can only move at half his "cautious" rate.

Roll 1D
1,2 Crippled: One of the character’s limbs is crippled until healed or replaced. -3D to all actions using this limb.
3 Deafness: Difficulty for any auditory-based skill or attribute checks is increased by five difficulty levels. If medical treatment is not received before 2D Days has elapsed, the deafness is permanent
4 Horrific Injury: Roll 2D. 1-3 Knowledge, 4-5 Perception, 6-7 Mechanical, 8-9Technical, 10-11 Dexterity, 12 Strength. That attribute is reduced by 1D until this critical injury is healed.
5 Temporarily Lame: Movement rate is reduced by 7.
6 Blinded: Difficulty for any vision-based skill or attribute checks is increased by five difficulty levels. If medical treatment is not received before 2D Days has elapsed, the blindness is permanent.

Mortally Wounded
A mortally wounded character falls prone and is unconscious. The character can't do anything until healed. The character may die — at the end of each round, roll 2D. If the roll is less than the number of rounds that the character has been mortally wounded, the character dies. A mortally wounded character who is incapacitated or mortally wounded again is killed. A character making a Moderate first aid total can "stabilize" a mortally wounded character. The character is still mortally wounded but will survive if a medpac or bacta tank is used on him within one hour (Moderate first aid total); otherwise, he dies. (This is different from healing a character with a medpac; see "Healing.")

Roll 1D
1 Maimed: One of the character’s limbs is permanently lost. Until it is replaced no actions can performed with that limb.
2 Gruesome Injury: Roll 2D. 1-3 Knowledge, 4-5 Perception, 6-7 Mechanical, 8-9Technical, 10-11 Dexterity, 12 Strength. That attribute is permanently reduced by 1D.
3 Paralysis: Character is rendered completely immobile, though he remains conscious. If the character does not receive medical attention, the paralysis becomes permanent after 1D Days elapses.
4-5 Internal Bruising/Bleeding: Character suffers a -2D penalty to Strength to resist damage and must receive medical attention before the effects wear off; failure to receive treatment results in the character’s death within 36 hours.
6 The end is Nigh: Instead of rolling 2D the character rolls 1D at end of round to determine death.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well either

1. These rules are perfect and no one has any improvements to add (highly doubtful)

2. Everyone is following their mothers advice that if they don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all. (Merely doubtful)

3. This topic has been beaten to death and no one cares about it.

4. An inevitable fourth choice that someone will come up with.

So which is it?

Laughing
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my guess is is in some cases is a little to severe, others, strike me as optional ideas. not every player is enamoured with borging out, willing, or forced...... that said is a good base. Smile
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, i could see some sort of list for when someone goes mortally wounded. Not just for being wounded or Incap though.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the feed back

Panzer- which specifically do you see as too severe?

Garhkal- I think it does make some sense to have critical injuries in those categories.

In the real world you might be wounded by a gun shot but thankfully it hit you in a non vital area of your arm or it broke the bone in your arm crippling your arm until it is healed. Most of these critical injuries can be cured. It provides flavor and consequences to being injured besides the ones you normally incur.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luwingo_Spince wrote:
Appreciate the feed back

Panzer- which specifically do you see as too severe?

Mostly Very Pemanent results on critical injuries under Incapacitated or less, I undestand that there should maybe be some debilitating effects, I in in fact enoucourage it, but at same time its tooo.... "Realistic" is i guess the term im looking for...... it can indeed present problems.... one is permanently reducing an attribute, the amount you have listed is 1. iMHO too much, and 2. encouges plars to be too cautious: One while combat should be potentially lethal, making it too lethal, or, too crippling by too much, means players will not take many of the risks you see in the shows or literature, then it looses its star wars action feel, while by and large mortal wounds survived could and should have some lasting effect, as seen in the show where luke and ani get hands sliced off, it sorta forces things like cyberizing wether the player wants or not, I would stress, that this should be something everyone agrees to before use...... I would also susgest later corrective surgeries, without cyberizing, for incapacitated or less, many other wise permenant disfigurements, and body damage can be corrected years after the fact now in real life, much less sw.

Luwingo_Spince wrote:
Garhkal- I think it does make some sense to have critical injuries in those categories.

In the real world you might be wounded by a gun shot but thankfully it hit you in a non vital area of your arm or it broke the bone in your arm crippling your arm until it is healed. Most of these critical injuries can be cured. It provides flavor and consequences to being injured besides the ones you normally incur.

Its not that, I think he's pointing out what i did above.

I agree with the concept but, its a little to severe in many cases, while i think its an excellent idea, most, it needs toinning down...... or a chance under the die roll for a "Lucked out no Perament Injuries" Result on each table.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh I see but none of the critical injuries are permanent with the exception of two of the mortally wounded, maimed and gruesome injury.

Unless you mean that the effects of the injury last with you until you are healed.

Here is what i am talking about:

A Stunned Critical Injury lasts for the rest of the round and for the next round and can be healed by a medpack. Treat as normal

A Wounded Critical Injury lasts until healed and can be healed by a medpack. Treat as one level higher in difficulty to heal.

An Incapacitated Critical Injury lasts until healed and must be healed by a Bacta Tank/Surgery. Treat as one level higher in difficulty to heal.

A Mortally Wounded Injury lasts until healed and if it can must be healed by a Bacta Tank/Surgery. Treat as two levels higher in difficulty to heal.

Does this need to be modified?

I do like the "Lucked out no Permanent Injuries" Result on each table idea and will incorporate it.

Also perhaps the permanent Injuries in the Mortally wounded section can be traded by a pc for 2 results on the Incapacitated table.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luwingo_Spince wrote:
Ahh I see but none of the critical injuries are permanent with the exception of two of the mortally wounded, maimed and gruesome injury.

Unless you mean that the effects of the injury last with you until you are healed.

Here is what i am talking about:

Does this need to be modified?

I do like the "Lucked out no Permanent Injuries" Result on each table idea and will incorporate it.

ah I may of miss read except for one....

On Incapacitated:

Quote:
6 Blinded: Difficulty for any vision-based skill or attribute checks is increased by five difficulty levels. If medical treatment is not received before 2D Days has elapsed, the blindness is permanent.

The main thing is such treatment is not always available in 2D days...... is it correctable after the fact? if so it should be noted.... as with what it requires....

As for permanent physical damage to attributes..... make it 1 pip only, reason is that takes a lota character points to compensate for even one pip of permanent damage, so the character could spend cps to "self correct" or "Compensate" over time and rehabilitation, by "reraising" the atribute.

Luwingo_Spince wrote:
Also perhaps the permanent Injuries in the Mortally wounded section can be traded by a pc for 2 results on the Incapacitated table.

Also a resonable posiblility...... 8)
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps rather than reduce a stat form injury, limit its max it can get to.

So say a human (normal 4d max for know) gets a TBI, this lowers his max know down to 3d+2. Which may not have an immediate effect, but will curtail what he can boost his know up to.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Perhaps rather than reduce a stat form injury, limit its max it can get to.

So say a human (normal 4d max for know) gets a TBI, this lowers his max know down to 3d+2. Which may not have an immediate effect, but will curtail what he can boost his know up to.

How would this work if the atribute is already maxed garhkal? very curious on such a case.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion Garhkal but I think i'm going to reduce it to 1 pip instead. So here is how it looks now with all suggestions. I bolded the changes.

Optional Rule: Critical injuries
When rolling for damage a 6 on the wild die can be either rerolled as normal or used as a Critical Injury. If wild die is rerolled and results in a 6 then the same choice can be made.

Adhering to the Gamemaster's discretion, A PC may choose 2 results from a lower level of critical injuries.

Stunned
Stunned characters suffer a penalty of -ID to skill and attribute rolls for the rest of the round and for the next round. A stun no longer penalizes a character after the second round, but it is still "affecting" him for half an hour unless the character rests for one minute.
If a character is being "affected" from a number of stuns equal to the number before the "D" for the character's Strength, the character is knocked unconscious for 2D minutes. A character making an Easy first aid total can revive an unconscious character.

Roll 1D
1 Slowed Down: Suffers an additional -1D to initiative rolls.
2 Sudden Jolt: Character must make a Moderate Strength roll or drop whatever they are holding.
3 Distracted: Character cannot perform any free actions.
4 Off Balance: Movement Rate is reduced by 2.
5 Stinger: Increase the difficulty of next action by one level.
6 Lucked out: No critical injury occurs

Wounded/Wounded Twice
Wounded characters fall prone and can take no actions for the rest of the round. The character suffers a penalty of -1D to skill and attribute rolls until he heals (through medpacs or natural rest). A character who is wounded a second time is wounded twice.
A character who's wounded twice falls prone and can take no actions for the rest of the round. The character suffers a penalty of -2D to all skill and attribute rolls until he is healed. A wounded twice character who is wounded again is incapacitated.

Roll 2D
1-3 Head Ringer: Increases the difficulty of all KNOWLEDGE/PERCEPTION rolls made by this character by one level.
4-5 Fearsome Wound: Increases the difficulty of all STRENGTH rolls made by this character by one level.
6-7 Agonizing Wound: Increases the difficulty of all DEXTERITY rolls made by this character by one level.
8 Dazed: Character cannot perform multiple actions in a round.
9 Hamstrung: Movement rate is halved.
10 Overpowered: Character defenses are overwhelmed. Attacker may attack again without a multiple action penalty.
11 Winded: Character is automatically the last to go in a round regardless of the initiative roll.
12 Lucked out: No critical injury occurs

Incapacitated
An incapacitated character falls prone and is knocked unconscious for 10D minutes. The character can't do anything until healed. An incapacitated character who is wounded or incapacitated again becomes mortally wounded.
A character making a Moderate first aid total can revive an incapacitated character. The incapacitated character is now awake, but is groggy, cannot use skills, and can only move at half his "cautious" rate.

Roll 1D
1 Crippled: One of the character’s limbs is crippled until healed or replaced. -3D to all actions using this limb.
2 Deafness: Difficulty for any auditory-based skill or attribute checks is increased by five difficulty levels. If medical treatment is not received before 2D Days has elapsed, the deafness is permanent
3 Horrific Injury: Roll 2D. 1-3 Knowledge, 4-5 Perception, 6-7 Mechanical, 8-9Technical, 10-11 Dexterity, 12 Strength. That attribute is reduced by 1D until this critical injury is healed.
4 Temporarily Lame: Movement rate is reduced by 7.
5 Blinded: Difficulty for any vision-based skill or attribute checks is increased by five difficulty levels. If medical treatment is not received before 2D Days has elapsed, the blindness is permanent.

Mortally Wounded
A mortally wounded character falls prone and is unconscious. The character can't do anything until healed. The character may die — at the end of each round, roll 2D. If the roll is less than the number of rounds that the character has been mortally wounded, the character dies. A mortally wounded character who is incapacitated or mortally wounded again is killed. A character making a Moderate first aid total can "stabilize" a mortally wounded character. The character is still mortally wounded but will survive if a medpac or bacta tank is used on him within one hour (Moderate first aid total); otherwise, he dies. (This is different from healing a character with a medpac; see "Healing.")

Roll 1D
1 Maimed: One of the character’s limbs is permanently lost. Until it is replaced no actions can performed with that limb.
2 Gruesome Injury: Roll 2D. 1-3 Knowledge, 4-5 Perception, 6-7 Mechanical, 8-9Technical, 10-11 Dexterity, 12 Strength. That attribute is permanently reduced by 1 pip.
3 Paralysis: Character is rendered completely immobile, though he remains conscious. If the character does not receive medical attention, the paralysis becomes permanent after 1D Days elapses.
4 Internal Bruising/Bleeding: Character suffers a -2D penalty to Strength to resist damage and must receive medical attention before the effects wear off; failure to receive treatment results in the character’s death within 36 hours.
5 The End is Nigh: Instead of rolling 2D the character rolls 1D at end of round to determine death.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nods looks resonable..... and does make first aid imporatant.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not liking that wounded and stunned levels have a critical injury, but i do like those for incap and MW levels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: