The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Base stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Base stats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirkCorman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Base stats Reply with quote

I'm trying to collate and create updated stats for my various characters, and create some new ones that will integrate into my Outer Rim ideas, which include the Grand Moff who invented the Shock TIE.

I've checked the template collection, and the npc collection, and am still having trouble finding what I need.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to pardon me, as my coffee has apparently not kicked in yet. Exactly which stats are you looking for? Are you looking for stats on the Shock TIE, or on the Moff who invented it? Or are you looking for something else entirely that I just happen to have missed?
DirkCorman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Base stats for creating a character.. i.e. so I can create a Grand Moff.. or a Jedi from the TOR era.. whose descendant is the Grand Moffs Sith Enforcer
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your basic way of making a major character (so a Moff, or major NPC, or Player Character) can be found on p. 23 (2R&E). The general rule is that you have 18D to spread between the six Attributes, then 7D to allocate to Skills, though some species have a slight variant on the number for Attributes.
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For BBG NPCs I add an additional 1D of skills for every PC in the group.

A BBG should outmatch any individual starting PC, on paper anyway.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirkCorman wrote:
Base stats for creating a character.. i.e. so I can create a Grand Moff.. or a Jedi from the TOR era.. whose descendant is the Grand Moffs Sith Enforcer

As an aside I do not believe there were Moffs during the Galactic Republic. This was an invention of Palpatines when he was separating the galaxy up and placing people in control. Now this could be a holdover of control from the Sith Empire, but it was never a part of the Old Republic.

As for creating base stats for an advanced character? Hmmmm, well almost all leadership in the Empire is human, so use the base stats for them (2D/4D for all Stats). As for number of skill dice? Whatever you think appropriate. I would say 25-30 dice myself. Maybe a Force Point, Dark Side Point or two and about 10-15 Character Points and your ready to roll I think.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
DirkCorman wrote:

As an aside I do not believe there were Moffs during the Galactic Republic. This was an invention of Palpatines when he was separating the galaxy up and placing people in control. Now this could be a holdover of control from the Sith Empire, but it was never a part of the Old Republic.

As a clarification to the aside, Moffs existed at the very beginning of the Old Republic, then they were reinstituted by Palpatine during the Clone Wars (so existed at the very end of the Republic) and then they carried over into the formation of the Empire.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
As a clarification to the aside, Moffs existed at the very beginning of the Old Republic, then they were reinstituted by Palpatine during the Clone Wars (so existed at the very end of the Republic) and then they carried over into the formation of the Empire.

I did not know that. Thanks for the information.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Whill wrote:

I did not know that. Thanks for the information.

Sure. In the RotS deleted scenes and novelization, there was a story arc featuring Padme, Bail Organa and Mon Mothma in which a group of senators formally opposed Palpatine's emergency measures including the reinstitution of Moffs, which further centralized executive authority and diminished the legislative authority of the Senate. Of course it didn't get any better under the Empire, and the Imperial Senate continually lost power until they were dissolved in ANH.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: