The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

There a way for a Mon Calamari to stay "Moist"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> There a way for a Mon Calamari to stay "Moist"?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: There a way for a Mon Calamari to stay "Moist"? Reply with quote

Yes I asked it. I know they can have a flooded ship but I'm talking being able to walk about and still be considered to be in a moist environment?

I don't wanna just straight up so no.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few ways through which Mon Calamari might be considered to be in a 'moist' environment.

Wear a Mon Calamari spacesuit

All races have the option of buying the humble spacesuit. It's a device specifically designed for providing a given atmosphere - a Gand suit would provide a methane-enriched atmosphere, for instance, while I'd imagine a Mon Calamari suit could provide any atmosphere from 'moist' to 'flooded'. Probably at the turn of a knob or flick of a wrist.

The vacuum suit or flight suit is described similarly to the spacesuit (2nd ed revised and expanded, page 227), though is described as lacking a few of the amenities that the full space suit provides. Nevertheless, for the purposes of providing a 'moist' atmosphere, the vacuum suit or flight suit should also work fine.

Wear modified Stormtrooper armor, Power Armor or Bounty Hunter armor

Stormtrooper armor's innermost layer is an environmental glove - the black stocking that is beneath the (usually) white armor pieces. Modifying Stormtrooper armor to supply a different set of atmosphere characteristics should be possible.

Power Armor, such as Spacetrooper armor, should also be able to be modified to provide a 'moist' environment, as should Bounty Hunter armor (similarly to Stormtrooper armor, above).

Interestingly enough, I'd say that the traditional armor of a Mon Calamari knight wouldn't provide a 'moist' environment, as it seems completely passive in nature.

Have an environmental modification installed, or use a Mon Calamari ship

Any Mon Cal ship should be able to provide various kinds of atmosphere. A 'moist' one should likely be standard for most Mon Cal cruisers, though there might be advantages to have the ship fully flooded for combat maneuvers (short discussion: Better bracing for impacts, and additives in the water might give the capability to use water for a polymer plug to stop leaks, at least temporarily).

Any pod or storage space that has 'environmental controls' should be able to provide a 'moist' environment as well.

The way I'm seeing it, a 'moist' environment is similar to, say, the tropicals at night, so we're not talking a straight up torrential downpour (that'd be 'drenched').
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Get a suit of armor/space suit that can be used for this, though you will eventually wind up having issues when someone tries wearing it on certain worlds all the time.
hongxiquan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long, slow cooking on a low heat.

That being said, you could just set the atmospheric systems to be super humid which would be unpleasant to everyone who isn't an amphibian.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I think a swamp or certain jungle environments (or possibly a foggy, cold morning) could satisfy sufficient atmospheric humidity- though in some cases the temperature might counteract the moisture benefits.

Hard core OT, all the way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: