The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Episode VII Rumors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Episode VII Rumors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Episode VII Rumors Reply with quote

This thread is for rumors for the new Episode VII, so...you know, SPOILERS may abound.

Last Friday there was a whole host of rumors.

Someday it might be fun to look back at this thread, to see what was accurate and what was way off base!
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: excellent idea Reply with quote

I haven't paid much attention to the news about the whole thing, since there's always so much misinformation. But I think several posters here do follow matters closely, so it will be great to see people try to sort the wheat from the chaff.
Seghast
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping it's all wrong, to be honest; none of the rumors excite me so far, particularly the idea of Luke being held captive by Sith Inquisitors for the past thirty years, Han not owning the Falcon anymore...

And I seem to be one of the few who don't place faith in the film solely because of J.J Abrams; none of his previous works have impressed me enough to give me the confidence so many other fans seem to possess. His best piece in my eyes was his Star Trek reboot and while I will say it was a fun sci-fi movie, it was not a good Stark Trek movie. I've had others argue with me that it was a Star Wars film set in the Stark Trek universe and that's why they're happy he's directing, but honestly it didn't really feel like Star Wars to me, either; it was just a generic sci-fi film that was ultimately pretty forgettable.

However, I will say that I'm very glad to hear that there will be a lot more practical effects this time around and less CG since the abundance of CG in the prequels made them feel a bit too cartoonish to me at certain points. Some of the set photos that have been leaked so far made me quite happy just to see that they've actually built some of these fantastical sets, items, and creatures instead of using a computer to digitally insert them during Post.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the practical effects bit, Seghast. I was just reading an interview with Rian Johnson (Episode VIII) yesterday about that very thing.

And wouldn't Stark Trek be about Tony Stark/Iron Man? Wink
Seghast
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
I agree on the practical effects bit, Seghast. I was just reading an interview with Rian Johnson (Episode VIII) yesterday about that very thing.

And wouldn't Stark Trek be about Tony Stark/Iron Man? Wink
Did not catch that spelling mistake, but actually that would be something I'd be excited to see, "...his continuing mission, to boldly go where no Iron Man has gone before!"

Klingons versus Iron Man. TAKE MY MONEY!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Take mine, too! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: