The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Equipment Cards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Equipment Cards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Equipment Cards Reply with quote

Tried searching the forums, but does anyone have any pre-created equipment cards built into PDF or other document form?

I really want to do this for my current campaign, but my time to work on it is non-existent at the moment.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a neat idea, but I don't think anyone has done it. Looking at Gry Sarth's Equipment book, plus the equipment in the conversion guides, it probably amounts to a couple of hundred pages of equipment (assuming we're not even counting weapons).

It sounds like a great project, but a long one. Usually I just transcribe the information onto a note card and hand it to the players, and I have a few note cards of common materials.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is more on about a blank say 3x5 index card like sheet, so you can write specific info about special gear you have. Like say a sheet for "uridium bullets" for a specific slugthrower. 20 bullets per Lb of ore can be made, (difficult fire arm repair: ammo construction roll), handling of a bullet by bare skin results in needing a stamina roll or gets a wound from radiation poisoning.
Any target hit by said bullets which takes a wound or greater (stun does not count) worsens by one wound level per round due to radiation poisoning in their blood stream. A heroic first aid (or easy medicine roll) is needed to halt this.
Then a tracker of # of bullets remaining..
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a pretty visual person. I like giving players something to look at, preferably color, that can be shuffled through. It helps the immersion to have a unique physical object (even if its a 3x5 card) to associate with a game object.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aegisflashfire wrote:
I'm a pretty visual person. I like giving players something to look at, preferably color, that can be shuffled through. It helps the immersion to have a unique physical object (even if its a 3x5 card) to associate with a game object.

Might just be easier to print off some picture from Google images then. Yes it takes up a ton more space, but if your time is at a premium it may be the best bet. I do something similar in my online games, I toss up resized and cropped images of important stuff for flavor. I use very few maps, if any, and tell my players that the image is not meant to be taken as exactly what they see, but an approximation.

Hope that helps! Good gaming.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: