The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rebel Alliance Awards, Decorations and Medals ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Rebel Alliance Awards, Decorations and Medals ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Rebel Alliance Awards, Decorations and Medals ? Reply with quote

I have had a long frustrating day at work (spinning my wheels so to speak trying to get things done but stopped in my tracks because another section is WAY behind on their work).

With that, I decided to use my wasted time to do something fun and started thinking through my current character and some of the side bar/out of group things he is doing in SWR's Monday night game. One thing is trying to get his Rebel CO to award the party members awards for their last 2 missions. With that, I started looking to see shat awards/decorations/medals exist for the rebellion.

Here is what I found on wookiepedia. Some of them have good explanations, others were nothing but the award's name. I've tried to put them in (reverse) order of importance, but some of it is just a blind guess …

Do you all have any other military awards you give to your players &/or better explanations on the below awards?

General Awards
Various Battle patches, Tabs, & Tour Ribbons and skills badge

Field Achievement Award - Success in first actual field mission

Superior Service Medal/ Meritorious Service - for continuing excellence in the line of duty

Redbird - personnel who were injured in the line of duty (I would add a 'V' for valatorous to identify those in direct contact when injured)

Burdine Cluster - a member who displayed heroism in battle

Crescent of Valor - decoration awarded for brave and valorous conduct under fire

Trand Medallion

Badge of Merit -

Rohal Cross -

Star of Alderaan - a person who, while serving in any capacity in the Alliance military, is cited for gallantry in action against an enemy of the Alliance while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing force, or while with friendly foreign forces in armed conflict with an enemy

Corellian Cross - Any person serving in any capacity in the military, who has distinguished themselves in action with the military, or in operations conducted with friendly foreign forces, by taking extraordinarily heroic action at the risk of life sufficient to set the individual apart from his or her comrades." This award is often given in lieu of another, higher award which was not appropriate, or when the action or actions was thought insufficient for a higher award.

Medal of Bothawui - Awarded for distinguished service in intelligence gathering and fighting the rising tide of oppression and injustice

Cross Crosslet - decoration awarded for outstanding valor that went well beyond the call of duty. As such, it was awarded posthumously 45% of the time

Mantooine Medallion, also known as the Mantooine medal of bravery - commemorated the courage of resistance fighters on Mantooine, - any person serving in any capacity in the Alliance military who has distinguished himself by exceptionally meritorious service to the Government in a duty of great responsibility

Platinum Valor Cross -

Kenobi Medallion - displaying extraordinary acts of bravery in combat.

Medal of Alderaan - was a medal awarded to honor exceptional heroes

Nebula Award - who displayed uncompromising loyalty and unswerving bravery in the face of imminent danger

Alliance Medal of Honor - performed above and beyond the call of duty while serving in, or with, the Alliance Military

Medal of Bravery, also known as the Medal of Yavin - Medal of Bravery was the highest military decoration awarded by the Alliance - presented to members of the Alliance who had displayed a great feat of bravery in battle

Pilot specific

Alvace Star - Leading flight out of dangerous situation

True Gunner - consistent excellence and superior performance as an officer and a gunner

Usor Cluster

Shield of Yavin

Crynyd Award - for acts of conspicuous bravery during space-to-space fighting

Kalidor Crescent - performed beyond the call of duty, displaying both skill and bravery in combat. - Has 5 further embellishments for additional awards

Battle Specific

Battle of Endor Hero's Medal

Talons of Hoth

Forgive all spelling errors.
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I read somewhere that the Kenobi Medallion was awarded to the pilots killed during the First Death Star Assault. When we played pre episode IV adventures I would threaten some players with this award if they didn't get the sh!t together and stop messing up the gaming session.
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that the Kenobi Medallion was awarded to the pilots killed during the First Death Star Assault. When we played pre episode IV adventures I would threaten some players with this award if they didn't get the sh!t together and stop messing up the gaming session.

Yeah, it says it is for pilots kille in the assult, but then in the write up it is given to others that are not pilots, not officers, and not dead. So, I assume it was first given to the dead pilots and then expanded to a general award.

Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have I got something for you. About a year ago I made a sourcebook about all the medals I could find for the rebel, empire, republic and more. Plus how to incorporate them into your rpg.

http://www.4shared.com/office/bHpssIjq/Star_Wars_D6-_Meritorious_Comm.html
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luwingo_Spince wrote:
Have I got something for you. About a year ago I made a sourcebook about all the medals I could find for the rebel, empire, republic and more. Plus how to incorporate them into your rpg.

http://www.4shared.com/office/bHpssIjq/Star_Wars_D6-_Meritorious_Comm.html

NICE! thanks for sharing it Exclamation

Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

np glad i could help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: