The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

if the shoe fits......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> if the shoe fits...... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind of how it is by the book.
For terrain less than difficult, cautious movement requires no check, and higher than that reduces it one level.
Cruise is a roll for easy and up,
Double speed it increases difficult or higher terrain becomes one cat harder, and at all out, V/easy to mod shift up one while difficult and up goes up twice.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
That makes a lot of sense, atgxtg. I'm going to consider adding that to our House Rules.

When I introduced this idea, I had the players do some training fights over a preset obstacle course. THe coruse had several "lnes" that they could fly though. THe inner lanes were shorter (made up of fewer SPACE units), and the outer ones longer (more SPACE units). Player would actually adjust thier throttle and decide on what lane they wanted to be in when approaching a turn. All in all the rule helped spice up the combats without really changing much.

If you want, I got a handout that incorporates that for starfighter combat. It has some maneuvers and difficulties for things like slides, half turns and looping.

I also adjusted the mishap rules so that a bad piltoing roll does change what a pilot has already done (making them go back) but instead ups the difficulty of the next piloting roll. That way the GM doesn't have to go back and adjust someone's movment for the turn. Instead the ship tends to pull off ONE tough maneuver and THEN goes spiining out of control next turn.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure; I'd love to see it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: