The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Ship Damage Claculator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> The Ship Damage Claculator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: The Ship Damage Claculator Reply with quote

I've began writting programs and have developed a damage calculator for everyone! This is a simple text based program that will take the damage and resistance roll, compare them to damage charts and display the results. This inclued as an option to use my House charts refered to in the program as Expanded Charts.

Keep in mind that I've combed the code and ran several tests, so this is a Functional work, but isn't ridged meaning you can do some funny things; for example you can put letters in the damage zone and it will read it and give No Damage as a result.

Please give me your opinions and any bugs you find. This program is an executable and requires No programming knowledge to use. I'm thinking about color coding the charts.

http://www.4shared.com/file/SR5MhYtR/WEG_Ship_Damage_Calc_Program_2.html

Have Fun everyone!
(If you plan on using the code in your own design all I ask is credit and to be informed, thank you!)[/url]

Last edited by Methedor on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've got it downloaded. I've got a big day ahead of me, so I'll give it a shot later.
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! looking foward to your feedback.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to check back with you until now, but I can't get the program to launch successfully. Every time I try to execute the file a window pops up telling me that the program has stopped running.

I'm currently using Windows Vista, and I'm more than happy to provide any more information if you think it is relevant.
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll double check my coding. It should work with any Windows OS. Thanks for the report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: