The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

'Rewards'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> 'Rewards' Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To his credit in the last session looting never came up. We'll see how things progress. It is the intro box set, so they're on the run with a damaged y-wing that has 15% fuel left, and have no safe haven to recuperate at yet.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting. And welcome, Ral_Brelt! Smile Is your new campaign based on the new game (Edge of the Empire)?

My group's had a little of this (which is part of what resulted in my Wealth stat thread), but for the most part they don't "loot bodies". One character's a weapons dealer, so he's always in the market for new weapons (so he's prone to scavenge weapons that are lying around on those they take out).

In the last adventure he grabbed two (dead) stormtroopers and an ISB agent and took them aboard their ship. He'll have all the time in the world to take the armor apart (though I have no idea what he wants it for) to cobble together a fully-functional suit (taking parts from each of them, being as both were damaged). It'll be interesting to see what happens, especially if they get boarded while he's got that armor! Shocked
Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doug, and no its d6. I played during college and did the 'gotta catch it all' bit. Finally got a group interested in trying it out and here we are now. Its the Introductory Adventure Box Set. Has a series of 6 short adventures that dovetail together about an Imp assault on a secret Rebel base, and the party's escape, recovery and eventual assault on the ISD in orbit.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
It'll be interesting to see what happens, especially if they get boarded while he's got that armor! Shocked

One campaign a while back where we were all working as Independants for the empire, my guy was part of a salvage crew. We went to imp battle sites and picked up the dead bodies. So for me it was not unusual to see armor sets stripped and piled to the side with bodies layed out and covered when i got to the local imp check points.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
One campaign a while back where we were all working as Independants for the empire, my guy was part of a salvage crew. We went to imp battle sites and picked up the dead bodies. So for me it was not unusual to see armor sets stripped and piled to the side with bodies layed out and covered when i got to the local imp check points.

That works if you are a licensed Imperial salvager (there was a short-story blurb about that in the Imperial Sourcebook). In that case, showing up in a port with a hold full of salvaged Imperial gear is what you are actually being paid to do. Which might actually be a great cover for Rebel operatives, if a rather risky one...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True.. heck one of the pcs i am thinking of playing should my current sparks character die is somewhat similar.. salvage operator.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

That works if you are a licensed Imperial salvager (there was a short-story blurb about that in the Imperial Sourcebook). In that case, showing up in a port with a hold full of salvaged Imperial gear is what you are actually being paid to do. Which might actually be a great cover for Rebel operatives, if a rather risky one...

And I've still got a 20 page supplement on salvage in Star Wars sitting on my hard drive. I'm waiting for the right occasion to publish it. It still needs a few things, but IMO this is one of the big under-explored region of Star Wars.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I've still got a 20 page supplement on salvage in Star Wars sitting on my hard drive. I'm waiting for the right occasion to publish it. It still needs a few things, but IMO this is one of the big under-explored region of Star Wars.

What do you need to complete it?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
cheshire wrote:
I've still got a 20 page supplement on salvage in Star Wars sitting on my hard drive. I'm waiting for the right occasion to publish it. It still needs a few things, but IMO this is one of the big under-explored region of Star Wars.

What do you need to complete it?

At the risk of derailing the thread, I'll pick this up in the original thread here:
http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3894&start=60
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
True.. heck one of the pcs i am thinking of playing should my current sparks character die is somewhat similar.. salvage operator.

You've mentioned "sparks" a few times, garhkal. What exactly is it? A quick Google search shows a Spark RPG for which there's a Kickstarter project, or is it perhaps a city where your group plays? Or something else?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks is an ongoing fan based SW campaign that is run by the group Spark force 7 at most every gaming convention in the US (well if they are in the midwest at least).. It runs some what similar to the living city ADND style games where your character can go from module x to A to U3 and back.. All the modules we use are wrote by members of our group, many of our rules mods (away from the BTB way) are nominated by members of the group, and several of our templates in use are also put up for the council to vote on by members of the group (currently 3 of the 16 templates in use i put into the group).

All in all its a good group, even if there are times i rant about certain members of it (and how they view gming)..
Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Sparks years ago, the localish group seemed kinda 'clicky'. Then again it could have been because I was younger, heh. Garhkal, are you planning on GenCon this year?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.. Also hitting origins. When i first joined it did seem a little cliquy.. but they love newcomers.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Reminds me of the "Living Force" thing WotC (Wizards) was trying early on with Star Wars d20.

So do the actions of your group impact the worlds/galaxy of other campaigns as well?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negative. Stuff that goes on in the campaign, stays in it.. though stuff that say happens in a convention down in texas where we had some representation, can have an impact on one running in say Michigan.

Characters, modules, etc that are made for the sparks realm, can't be used elsewhere.. But many of their rules i have taken and changed up a little to use them for my home games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: