The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Contest: Make a Prvateer/Explorer ship!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Contest: Make a Prvateer/Explorer ship! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, from Gry's Equipment Stats:

Tractor Beam
Model: Arakyd Flight Bay Tractor Beam
Type: Medium tractor beam
Scale: Starfighter
Skill: Starship gunnery
Crew: 1
Cost: 12,000
Availability: 2
Fire Control: 2D
Damage: 3D
Source: Hideouts & Strongholds (page 13)

From his weapons Stats:

Heavy Ion Cannon
Model: GenaTech Weapons Zeta One Heavy Ion Cannon
Type: Heavy ion cannon
Scale: Capital
Skill: Capital ship gunnery: heavy ion cannon
Crew: 2
Cost: Not available for sale
Fire Control: 1D
Space Range: 1-5/15/35
Atmosphere Range: 2-10/30/75 km
Damage: 7D
Game Notes: There is a 2 in 6 chance per use of the cannon
that it will backfire and ionize all the system of the ship
that carries it. At this stage in its development, the cannon
requires a large amount of energy to fire and therefore can
be used only once per 50 standard hour period.
Source: Classic Adventures – Vol. 4 (page 48)

Now, with the 2nd one, I would personally drop the damage dice by maybe 1D, up the fire control by 1D, and then get rid of the backfire chance, since I think they're talking about having it mounted on a starfighter scale ship.

I'd like to take the time to thank Gry for his wonderful PDFs. This post was brought to you by his hard work. :)
Jedi AlanRocks
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would add (from Gry's equipment book)

Quote:
Model: MerenData Mimic Sensor Decoy
Type: Military sensor countermeasure decoy system
Cost: 13,000 (for two launch tubes and three decoys), 1,000
per decoy
Availability: 2, X
Game Notes: Adds 2D to sensor operator’s difficulty to
discriminate between the decoy and the real ship. The
decoys move up to speed 10, have simple droid brains,
and can be issued new movement instructions via
comlink or programmed with several patterns. A “false
image option” allows the decoy to impersonate any of five
preloaded profiles, including the ship of origin, a TIE/ln,
a YT-1300 freighter, a Lambda-class shuttle or a Corellian
corvette. New profiles can be created with a Moderate droid
programming roll and the appropriate signal profile.
Source: Pirates & Privateers (page 39)

Quote:
Model: Arakyd Nightshadow anti-sensor treatment
Type: Sensor countermeasure coating
Scale: Starfighter or capital
Cost: 20,000 per starfighter scale Hull die (ignore pips); 50,000 per capital scale Hull die (ignore pips)
Availability: 4, X
Game Notes: A ship treated with this material adds to a sensor operator’s difficulty to detect the ship. A light treatment adds 1D to the difficulty. A heavy treatment (a second coat) adds 2D. Additional treatments are futile, since the treatment does nothing to prevent the detection of engine exhaust, a primary method of detecting ships. The type of vessel affects how well the ship can be “stealthed” – blunt, angular ships, 500 meters or more in length, or more than 5D Hull (either capital or starfighter scale) can only be “baffled” up to 1D of protection. Slender, rounded off ships (smaller Mon Calamari vessels foe example) are easier to baffle, due to their natural design.
Source: Pirates & Privateers (page 38), Scum and Villainy (page 61)

For many years West End Games ruled justly until the evil Empire defeated them. The Empire now rules with an iron fist and the d20. There are some who resist and continue to live by the old ways and d6.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thank you all... any Ideas for other items to add that will help in the Scientific/Exploration Role?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just giving it a decent set of sensory equipment should do the trick. Also, making sure the ship is set up with a science lab, and a decent med bay should cover you for that.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yak Face wrote:
Falcon79 wrote:
was mostly thinking in terms of a couple of Ion Cannons, Tractor Beam, passenger Quarters, and and Capital ship sized Fuel Converters... how much amaller would be any added on hanger and any docking tube (Similar to the Farstar in Darkstyder) facilitie be?

Hmmm. Well, honestly I hadn't run into a few of those. Some thoughts off the cuff:

For ion cannons I'd go with the aforementioned x4 cost factor for hardware and installation. For the passenger conversion I'd jus steal directly from the tramp freighters book and go with that. Gotta be a pretty similar engineering proposition, as long as you have cargo space open.

For the tractor beam I'd act as if buying a cannon of that level of damage dice, but perhaps double the cost since it's a specialized-use item. It seems that even the big cap ships don't carry many of those.

For the fuel converters I'm going to suggest that they, like fuel cells, have to be scaled to the ship size, so the rules can be used as-is. So I'd go with a factor of x6 or x8 (whichever you think best) for cost and weight relative to tramp freighters.

I've not seen source material for a docking tube like that (or I forgot it if I did) but I suggest the cost could be based on the price of the universal air lock, which I think is in one of the technology books. I'd add extra cost for the structural component that helps keep the docked ship in place.

The add-on hangar is the huge question mark. I looked at the deck plan for the consular ship and found it very limited in terms of space, so there's a lot of construction to do, and even then I'd be concerned about how many small ships you could fit. It's 35 meters shorter than the Corellian Corvette, just to give some scale. The cost would amount to a significant percentage of the base cost of the ship, in my opinion, assuming you want to mimic how the FarStar was modified. It would be somewhat dependant on how much room you need to add, whether you'll add to both sides, to multiple decks, etc. Happily there's not much else required except a huge air lock field, so it's not like it's hard space to design. I think you'll just have to look at the 1.65 million base cost and decide how much seems "reasonable" based on that. I'd say at least a couple hundred thousand credits, to do it properly.

Was thinking about Adding the hanger to both sides (figure each can hould around 4 or so X-Wing Y-Wing size fighters with 1 Docking tube, like the farstar has, on each side, how much you recokon a docking clamp to carry a light frieghter/shuttle size ship through hyperspace up on the top of the ship would be? Will post the Stats for the ship when finised.
Yak Face
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much you recokon a docking clamp to carry a light frieghter/shuttle size ship through hyperspace up on the top of the ship would be?

Well, I checked every single WEG book I've got that seemed like it might have a clue, and came up empty. Nothing even close popped up. I guess you'll just have to wing it. I wouldn't make it too overwhelming in terms of cost - it's function is not complex nor should it require extensive or delicate work. FWIW - if my players asked me, I supposed I'd give them a base price of $12K-15K each.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think 12-15k per fighter? Or per dock, which seats x number of fighters?
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
You think 12-15k per fighter? Or per dock, which seats x number of fighters?

Well the docking tubes each can handle carrying a light freighter sized ship plus two smaller fighters (12 snubbies total), the docking clamp I had in mind was strictly for shuttles/light freighters (cant handle smaller fighters......) 15 k sounds about right...... Docking tubes I put at 25 k and the hangers togeather at 400 k any how how much do medical and science suites run you guess (incedently I have to figure the cost to the mods incase repairs need to be done later, which they will..... when they first get/savage the ship.)?

Other then that I need to work out what kinds of smaller smips to complement it with. Am considering Clone Wars era vintange Y-Wings or Rebellion era vintage Y-wing Long Probes..... also Need a landing/troop/cargo shuttle and some sort of hyperspace capable pinnance..... any suggestions?

Keep in mind this is a legacy era game and the ships will have been sitting abandoned for a 130-158+ years or so in a dry, but fairly sterile, enviroment, though some restoration my be needed (I'm not giving it to the players absolutely for free: they really need to work at getting it flying....). The PCs will likey have there own light frieghter before they "aquire" this modified Consolar ship..... which is why I'm including the docking clamp.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook the description of the Rebel Assault Frigate says it can carry a modified Imperial Assault Shuttle atop its superstructure. And it can carry it through hyperspace. That's about the only thing I could find regarding docked ships.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always give them TIE recon rigs:
Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems TIE/rc
Affiliation: Empire
Era: Rise of the Empire
Source: Adventure Journal
Type: Reconnaissance starfighter
Length: 6.3 meters
Skill: Starfighter piloting: TIE
Crew Skill: Sensors 4D+2, starfighter piloting 4D+1,
starship gunnery 4D
Cargo Capacity: 65 kilograms
Consumables: 2 days
Maneuverability: 2D+2
Space: 10
Atmosphere: 415; 1,200 kmh
Hull: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 30/1D
Scan: 60/2D
Search: 90/3D
Focus: 6/4D
Weapons:
Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: Front
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 2D+2

Also, if you reconsider giving them TIE class fighters, they're small enough that they should be able to fit in whatever additional docking bays that are added on, without adding too much bulk. Since each on is only between 6 and 7 meters long. Not to mention that most of them are single purpose, which could be a means of limiting your characters fighter capacity some. TIE advanced comes with hyperdrive capabilities, along with the TIE defender series, you could give them the TIE defender prototypes to date them.

Although, pretty much every Alliance starfighter comes equipped with hyperdrive. So, that's up to you.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
You could always give them TIE recon rigs:
Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems TIE/rc
Affiliation: Empire
Era: Rise of the Empire
Source: Adventure Journal
Type: Reconnaissance starfighter
Length: 6.3 meters
Skill: Starfighter piloting: TIE
Crew Skill: Sensors 4D+2, starfighter piloting 4D+1,
starship gunnery 4D
Cargo Capacity: 65 kilograms
Consumables: 2 days
Maneuverability: 2D+2
Space: 10
Atmosphere: 415; 1,200 kmh
Hull: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 30/1D
Scan: 60/2D
Search: 90/3D
Focus: 6/4D
Weapons:
Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: Front
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 2D+2

Also, if you reconsider giving them TIE class fighters, they're small enough that they should be able to fit in whatever additional docking bays that are added on, without adding too much bulk. Since each on is only between 6 and 7 meters long. Not to mention that most of them are single purpose, which could be a means of limiting your characters fighter capacity some. TIE advanced comes with hyperdrive capabilities, along with the TIE defender series, you could give them the TIE defender prototypes to date them.

Although, pretty much every Alliance starfighter comes equipped with hyperdrive. So, that's up to you.

Well I wanted the ship to be an Old Republic or Rebel Alliance ship.... am more leaning to old republic, then alliance.. also the game takes place in the time of Darth Krayt so anything I throw in with the ship will be dated as the pc's will be salvaging it and the other ships with it..
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, you could give them Stinger fighters, those are really old republic... been around since mandolorian wars... but that might be a little too old.
Darth_Hilarious
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: updating an old post Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
I found the Mere Cruiser in Gry's starship stats R&E censored.

I personally think it looks pretty cool.

This particular jpg has been on rpggamer for a really long time ( iirc at least since 2005) and is an old trade fed cargo vessel

http://www.rpggamer.org/stats.php?page=d6/d6vaylenci.html&name=Trade%20Federation%20Vaylenci%20Star%20Transport
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: