The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Hammerdog GM Screen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Hammerdog GM Screen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Hammerdog GM Screen Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone had seen this, or used anything similar in their games:

http://www.hammerdog.com/twgs/index.html

I don't much use GM screens, but I do have a fair few rule references I'm ALWAYS looking at. I'm sure it could be made into a workable GM screen. Price is a little high, though.

Thoughts?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$30 for a normal sized screen is kinda pricey.

However, a customizable screen that could be set up for any RPG isn't a bad thing. Sometimes the standard retail screens have extra stuff that's not very useful intermixed with very useful stuff. Having the ability to pick and choose what kind of tables and such you want is very useful, and then even being able to do printouts for different systems if you run more than one kind of game is a plus. Although I wonder how much time & effort would have to go into creating a printout with all of the info on it that you want.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention that there are several dozen that people have already done. People don't share them as often as they used to, but about eight years ago it seemed like everyone and their mother had custom "screens," which were just 8.5x11 printouts of useful information... now it looks like you have someplace useful to stick 'em.
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great, considering I printed out the entire 2nd ed. GM Screen on the printer at work. I have a stack of loose-leaf papers that I keep rifling through during the game (because I have the organization skills of a lobster) and it sometimes slows things down.

I just wish the screen wasn't so expensive.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are pretty cool (even though I don't have much need of GM screens). 8)

Dromdarr, why the lobster hate? Wink
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dromdarr_Alark wrote:
That would be great, considering I printed out the entire 2nd ed. GM Screen on the printer at work. I have a stack of loose-leaf papers that I keep rifling through during the game (because I have the organization skills of a lobster) and it sometimes slows things down.

I just wish the screen wasn't so expensive.

Yeah, it took me a while to get one at a decent price. In the end I think I paid $16 for one, but with the 2nd edition booklet inside. Later I snagged the real deal for about $20, and that's as high as I'll go for almost any used D6 product.
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:

Dromdarr, why the lobster hate? Wink

I figured lobsters aren't well versed in the world of collation and bureaucracy. Wink

cheshire wrote:

Yeah, it took me a while to get one at a decent price. In the end I think I paid $16 for one, but with the 2nd edition booklet inside. Later I snagged the real deal for about $20, and that's as high as I'll go for almost any used D6 product.

I was referring to the hammerdog screen, but I get what you're saying. That's why I just got my hands on the pdf and printed it. Smile
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dromdarr_Alark wrote:

I was referring to the hammerdog screen, but I get what you're saying. That's why I just got my hands on the pdf and printed it. Smile

Gotcha, still it makes me a bit heasitant to go all in for a $30 screen wne I'm still left providing the reference sheets myself. I'd probably be less hesitant if it were about $10 cheaper.

But after I pay my artist for an upcoming adventure, we might just see if there's any wiggle room left for this thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: