The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Minority report style "Sick sticks"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Minority report style "Sick sticks"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Minority report style "Sick sticks" Reply with quote

In the film minority report, we see the police carrying battons that when they hit someone, induce sickness and vomiting.
IF you were to 'stat' out one for SW, what would it look like?
What resistance roll would be used?
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I can't decide between Willpower, Strength, or Stamina....

Seems like a stun-style weapon in nature.

Uhhhh, pass?
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would roll against strenght and apply the stun damage, with a very disgusting and smelly side efect.
In the film they seem pretty efective so I will use 5D

Just my two cents Wink

PS Anyway I can't imagine why a policíe corp would choose to share the tiny space of a car transporting some one who smells that way after vomiting even they very first meal... Yet again it's well known that weapon designers arent the ones that had to use them and deal with the consecuences... Wink
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sorts of stun weapons I've been applying to stamina instead of strength, since I feel a very very fit person Str 2D stamina 4D could resist a stunning attack the same as a person Str 4D who sits around the house all day. Little buggers can be tough.

I'd describe their effect as a standard stun baton, poked in the gut induces vomiting, in the head induces nervous system stunning, in the arm induces deadarm. But this type of stun weapon I'd roll against stamina rather than strength.

Some stunning weapons like concussion weapons I'd do differently. Maybe rolled against Perception for stun damage. Concussion weapons IRL can do some serious damage though, but it attacks the sensory input around the head and brain directly. SWAT have rules about how they use them so they don't kill people with them, but if you drop and cover your ears/close your eyes, you can minimalise effects that would normally put you on a paramedic's guerney. Gotta be quick, hence concussion-type stun I'd go against Per.

Been thinking about grenade damage forms lately.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, a similar effect is caused by the Force power Malacia:

Quote:

Malacia
Sense Difficulty: Moderate.
Alter Difficulty: Target's control or Strength roll.
Required Powers: Enhance another's attribute, enhance attribute, control pain, control another’s pain, transfer Force
Effect: This power causes extreme dizziness and nausea in a single target within the user’s line of sight. A target affected by this power is considered to be stunned for 2D rounds, and cannot take any actions during that time.

And as can be seen, they test against the target's Strength, so I'm guessing it's like the Constitution rolls of old?

T.C.
nimatri
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd explain their impact as a conventional stun baton, poked in the gut causes throwing up, in the go causes neurological system amazing, in the arm causes deadarm. But this kind of stun tool I'd move against endurance rather than durability.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: