The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Android Apps for RPGs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Android Apps for RPGs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Android Apps for RPGs Reply with quote

Has anyone found, or created themselves for that matter, an Android app for SWD6?

I've not found anything on the market supporting a Wild Die, and was wondering if anyone had found a gem they wanted to share?

I do most everything on my smartphone now, and although scheduled gaming sessions are generally supported by my laptop and numerous die rolling programs (both discovered and home grown) as well as PDFs of some of the books, or notes taken for the general rules, sometimes an impromptu game hits us and I was hoping for a decent die roller that took into account the Wild Die that I could have access to on my smartphone (since I have direct links to the RancorPit, Wookieepedia and Dropbox already installed).

I've been looking at creating my own as well, however, my Java is a little rusty and setting up Eclipse for the Android SDK is confusing, so I've not gotten far yet.

Anyone have anything?

T.C.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's not an app, it's a webpage, but it's been optimized for mobile devices, and it's easy enough to bookmark it and add a shortcut link to the bookmark:

http://kristruitt.com/d6/

I tried doing the same with the RancorPit dice roller, but it showed up really small on my Samsung Galaxy III and I had to scroll to see the results...

Ah well... Smile

Still trying to figure out Eclipse, so I may yet put together an app...

T.C.
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a lot of people favor that one, but I REALLY like the one that Adrian Parker did all those years ago. I speculate that it ought to work on most mobile devices:

http://rpetras.com/d6_data/dice_roller_graphical.html
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works on my Droid.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't tried it on my phone, yet, but looks good in general use, the only slight limitation is the inability to have more than a +2 (as another thread pointed out combining 3D+2 and 1D+2 would equal 4D+4, which cannot be rolled on this one), however, that's a minor miss since it's easy enough to tack on the extra +2... Smile

I'll have to try it on my phone shortly... Working with the Android API is making my head ache, my Java is rusty to begin with, add on the idiosyncrasies of the Android API and it's painful!

I'll keep banging away at it for now, though these two rollers are making it less critical when I can just add a shortcut to one of these web pages and get a roller, other than requiring an internet connection...

T.C.
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that great on the phone, but there's my dice-roller on the d6holocron.com, linked from 'tools'.

If I had the time, I'd make it more smartphone friendly, but that's a big 'if' at this stage.
erebus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking for a simple dice roller for Star Wars D6 on the android you can take a look at this:

STAR WARS D6 DICE ROLLER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: