The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums Reply with quote

Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums! Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please browse the forums and join in the discussions. You all have a lot of good ideas to share, and we'd all like to hear them. Again, thanks for stopping by and enjoy the forums!

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003 Ranks
2003 Forum guidelines
2005 Forums / categories
2006-2009 Scrawprin promoted
2006 New registration process
2007 Spamming for rank
2012 Moderators

Hello all. I've consolidated a bunch of the announcement threads into this list to help clean things up a bit. These are some basic guidelines for the forums. Thanks!

Signatures
Please keep your signatures text-only. This keeps the pages looking cleaner and loading faster. Thanks!

Custom Avatars
Uploading your own avatars has been disabled. If you've got an avatar you'd like to use, send it to me and I'll add it to the gallery.

Email Notifications
Due to reasons beyond my control, I've had to disable email notifications for new posts to threads you may be watching. The checkboxes to "Notify me when a reply is posted" and the link to "Watch this topic for replies" will still be displayed, but the emails will no longer be sent. I left the checkboxes and links in place in the hopes that the email notifications can eventually be enabled again. I apologize for any inconvenience.

This only affects watched topics. Email notifications for new Private Messages should still be sent as normal.

Hi-jacked Threads
Please try to stay on topic in your posts. If your post doesn't pertain to the title of the thread, please reconsider posting it. It's easy for one off-topic post to completely change the direction of a thread (often for the worse). New people should be able to come here and easily find the information they're looking for. Hijacked threads can make it very difficult for people to find useful information. Please try to stay on topic with your posts so these forums are more enjoyable for everyone!

PDF-Sharing
The Official PDF-Sharing Thread has been removed. The posting of copyright material will no longer be allowed on these forums.

Sorry everyone, truly I am. I know some of you put a lot of work into this, but this is just the way it has to be. Period. End of story.

The thread was too large to go through and separate copyright and fan-made material, so the entire thread had to be removed. Please feel free to re-submit any fan-made material you have created. Some of you have come up with some really great stuff.

General Guidelines
Here are some general guidelines that I expect everyone to follow:

Respect the views of others.

Try to see things from others' point of view.

Respectfully state why you disagree.

Agree to disagree and move on.

Do not flame others or attack them personally. Statements like "that's a stupid idea" or "wow, where did you come up with that??" could be much better stated with something like "well I disagree with you, but that's ok".

Basically, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Again, this is meant to be a community for people to get together, share ideas and stories, and help each other enjoy the game we all love. If you're about to post something and your post doesn't further those objectives, please refrain from posting.

Other Stuff
2014 A disturbing trend that needs to stop
2015 Star Wars Rules Upgrade [Wayback Machine Internet Archive]
2016 The Rancor Pit (original site, not forum) [Wayback Machine Internet Archive]
2017 Rancor Pit ownership

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: