The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Law Enforcement & Security NPC Collection
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Law Enforcement & Security NPC Collection Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would throw a teaser your way. The project is currently 55 pages long, and it looks like there are only 7 stat blocks left to do.

As always, all thoughts, comments, and constructive criticism is welcome!

Name: SWAT
Species: Any
Sex: Any
Dexterity: 2D
Blaster 5D+1, Blaster Artillery 4D, Blindfighting 4D, Brawling Parry 4D, Dodge 5D, Grenade 4D+2, Melee Combat 4D, Melee Parry 4D, Missile Weapons 4D, Running 4D
Knowledge: 2D
Alien Species 2D+1, Cultures 2D+1, Intimidation 4D, Languages 2D+1, Law Enforcement 3D, Streetwise 3D, Survival: Urban 3D+2, Tactics: SWAT 4D, Willpower 4D
Mechanical: 2D
Perception: 2D
Command 3D, Hide 3D+2, Investigation 3D, Search: Threat Assessment 4D, Sneak 4D
Strength: 2D
Brawling 4D, Climbing/Jumping 4D, Stamina 4D
Technical: 2D
Armor Repair 3D, Blaster Repair 3D, Demolitions 4D, First Aid 3D, Security 4D
Move: 10
Equipment: Varies widely. Sample kit: Blaster Pistol (4D), Blaster Rifle (5D), Vibroknife (STR+3D, Max: 6D), Stun Grenades x 2, SWAT Armor (+2D energy, +1D+1 physical)
Reference: Custom Build
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple more that I'm pretty sure I havent posted for review yet.

Name: Security Consultant
Alien Species 2D+2, Bureaucracy 4D, Business: Security 4D, Cultures 2D+2, Law Enforcement 2D+1, Streetwise 2D+1, Value: Security Equipment 4D, Willpower 4D
Bargain 3D+1, Persuasion 4D, Search 3D+2
Equipment: Business Suit, Comlink, Datapad containing power points about various security systems & equipment.

Name: Security Guard
Brawling Parry 3D, Dodge 3D+2, Melee Combat 4D, Melee Parry 3D+1
Bureaucracy 3D, Intimidation 3D, Willpower 3D
Sensors 3D
Forgery 3D, Hide 3D+2, Persuasion 3D, Search 4D
Brawl 3D+2
Security 3D+1
Equipment: Hand Held scanner (+2D to Search), Stun Baton (STR+2D+2, Stun damage), Corporate Uniform.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your idea of doing just a few specific race collections was what I thought was a cool idea. You could come up with 5 standard templates, then scale them as you were saying.

To sort of steal from WOTC:
Soldier
Scoundrel
Fringer
Noble
Adept maybe?

Apply racial modifiers to the npcs, like you were saying, and then just apply your scaling.

If you were thinking about races to pick, I would start with some of the more commonly found races around the galaxy, and less with planetary specific races like Gungans, Jawas, Ewoks, Tusken Raiders, etc...:

Wookiee
Duros
Ithorian
I dunno, I guess my point was more in trying to avoid planetary specific races.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
I think your idea of doing just a few specific race collections was what I thought was a cool idea. You could come up with 5 standard templates, then scale them as you were saying.

To sort of steal from WOTC:
Soldier
Scoundrel
Fringer
Noble
Adept maybe?

Apply racial modifiers to the npcs, like you were saying, and then just apply your scaling.

If you were thinking about races to pick, I would start with some of the more commonly found races around the galaxy, and less with planetary specific races like Gungans, Jawas, Ewoks, Tusken Raiders, etc...:

Wookiee
Duros
Ithorian
I dunno, I guess my point was more in trying to avoid planetary specific races.

The templates would very from race to race, some species are more inclined towards intelectual persuits, or have a mechanical aptitude, or are good at combat in general.

For example: Jawas. Most of the Jawa templates would be geared towards different kinds of repair or scavenging, Ewoks would be patterned after a primitive tribe (Warriors, scouts, hunter/gatherers, chief, shaman, etc.) Wookiees would likely represent a wider range of skill sets including mechanics/techs, pilots & several kinds of soldier.

Adding the racial modifiers to EVERYTHING and scaling them up for even a small group of species would be a huge undertaking. Even once you remove everything that is either race specific or wouldnt fit the race in question, I would still need to redo stats for between 25-50% of everything done up to this point for EACH race we decided to do. By the time we finished scaling even just the more iconic races, the race specific groupings would dwarf the size of this project up to this point. If I was to do a set of racial modifiers, it would just be alist of the races along with their modifiers so that people could apply them to their own characters. More likely, I would put together a set of guidelines to help people create and apply their own modifiers.

Yeah, I would like to do races that arent limited to one planet, but I feel like starting with some of the more iconic races would be a good place to start.

That said, here is my current race wishlist:
Bothan
Duros
Ewoks
Geonosians
Gungans
Ithorian
Jawas
Mon Calamari
Quarren
Rodian
Sullustan
Toydarian
Tusken Raiders
Twi'lek
Wookiees

While I dont want to do EVERY race in the Star Wars universe, I think a list of 25-50 could be fun. (My wishlist above inclues 15, that should give a lot of room for additional suggestions.) Suggestions welcome!

I dont really like restricting people's options too much, but on this one, I'm going to give a few guidelines for suggestions:
-Nothing too obscure. I would prefer choices to be either common races, or iconic ones that everyone will recognize.
-There needs to be character creation rules for the race somewhere. I want something to work with when I get started.
-No one hit wonders. I want to be able to make +5 templates for any race I make generic stats for.
-Nothing too similar to humans stats/diversity wise. I've been making the stat collections without a race listed for a reason. (Insert race & special abilities and go!) Doing special collections for races that are human in everything but appearance kind of defeats the purpose.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I found a little time to work on this collection this evening. Since it was pretty close to done, I actually managed to finish it. You can find the pdf either by following the link in my signature, or by following the link below. Enjoy!

Law Enforcement & Security pdf http://www.4shared.com/office/dXGLBB2m/Star_Wars_WEG_D6_Law_Enforceme.html
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:

While I dont want to do EVERY race in the Star Wars universe, I think a list of 25-50 could be fun. (My wishlist above inclues 15, that should give a lot of room for additional suggestions.) Suggestions welcome!

How about these?
Cerean
Chiss
Clawdite
Gamorrean
Hutt
Kel Dor
Nautolan
Togruta

These are just a few extras that I personally would like to see... Smile

T.C.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ideas!

Cerean: I think I can do something with them.
Chiss: They kind of fall into the "Near Human" grouping. Besides, I covered a couple of template types for them in the Mercenaries & Militias.
Clawdite: I dont know about this one. It seems to me that they would be of fairly limited use, and I honestly cant think of a way to come up with more then 2-3 useful templates for them.
Gamorrean: I can see doing a set of tribal templates for them.
Hutt: If my memory serves, there are a couple of criminal/merchant templates for them already. I cant think of much else to do with them.
Kel Dor: Maybe, I'll have to do a little research to see what kinds of template would make sense for them.
Nautolan:Maybe, for the same reason as the Kel Dor.
Togruta: I think I can handle that.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gullwind has done it again! He's taken the time to add both the Law Enforcement & Security collection and the Easy NPC guide I wrote quite a while back to the latest version of the collection book. The book has reached a staggering 204 pages at this point. I was also informed that the next update of the collection book will include the page numbers for entries in the table of contents! Enjoy!

Ultimate NPC Collection v.80
http://www.4shared.com/office/uKq34S2F/Star_Wars_Ultimate_NPC_Collect.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: