The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Help in ID'ing this Ship
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Help in ID'ing this Ship
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R2D2fan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Help in ID'ing this Ship Reply with quote

Just wondering what type of ship this is. Found picture with a semi interior view. I don't have any information on the ship, such as stats name etc. Can anyone id' the ship below?

http://www.beardeddork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/578r.png

May the force be with you!!!!

R2D2fan
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's from an old Anime, though which one I am unsure. It does not ring any imediate bells. I see some design elements that remind me of the popular mecha/sci-fi anime of the late 70's and early 80's (not justthe look of the ship and it's internals, but the overall look to the characters, but it's hard to say for sure as they are small and not very discernable). If wish the Robot were more visible, that would likely be a dead giveaway.
A lot of Anime and Manga from that era (70s-80s), and especially the model kits, did technical cutaway posters and promotional graphics. Although it's still done, it's not as common or prolific now.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that its from the Knights of the Old Republic comics. I recognice at least three of the four visible characters from that comic as well as the big blue droid.

The man in the middle of the ship is Zayne Carrick. The pale woman at the pilots controls is Jarael. The Snivvian behind her is Marn Hierogryph.

It could be The Last Resort, but I'm not sure.

Hopefully that will get you pointed in the right direction. Sorry I cant be of more help than that.
R2D2fan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Found it!!!! Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, it is definitely the Last Resort, a old republic starship. The designation is 578-R space transport, or at least that what Wookipedia calls it.

Thanks

R2D2
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could be of assistance.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool looking ship. Thanks for digging it up!

Complete Starship Construction System
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: