The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars: Age of rebellion playtest document released
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Star Wars: Age of rebellion playtest document released
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: Age of rebellion playtest document released Reply with quote

I released a playtest doc of my conversion of Dragon Age RPG into a Star Wars game.

If you've nver played Dragon Age, it is a 3d6 based rpg. You only use 3d6 for all task resolutions and combat. Some damages may go above that.

It's a neat system.

It's look is meant to emulate the d6 system, which I am a huge fan of, and a longtime player of. Although these days its hard to find local players for it. Sad

Find my conversion here:
http://dragonageoracle.com/2012/06/01/beyond-dragon-age-star-wars-age-of-rebellion-playtest-document/
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off congratulations on finishing your project and thank you for letting us know about it!

The system looks pretty neat at first glance, I will have to give a more thorough look to see the different nuances but I'm always glad to see conversions as it always gives us new ways to look at the game.

I'm also interested in what software you used to make your sourcebook. I thought your layout was nice.
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I did the layout on good old Microsoft Word 2002. Smile

The AGE system is neat, it's not as rules heavy as D&D, it's very reminiscent of old school Rules Cyclopedia era dnd, where minis and a grid weren't needed, and fights were fast and fun.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a look at the document. I've not gone over it in detail, but I've sort of skimmed some parts, and taken a look at what you did for layout. I'll be honest, I went in REALLY skeptical about it. I see so many fan projects on so many different boards and they all look like they were done by 5th graders, and I was expecting some hack job of vomiting text on a screen. Now, I'll say that it has a bit much white space to look like it's done professionally, but it definitely raises the bar on what fan productions should look like. You had a good intuition about the insertion of art, clear and understandable tables, and you've got excellent borders and headers.

It's not as good as what Gry Sarth did, or what Hisham did a number of years ago, but aside from them, this is the best looking fan work I've seen in a while. And believe me, they weren't working in something as limited as Word. I'm impressed with what you did with the software.
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks cheshire.
It's my first attempt at creating a fan work of anything, so I had a bit of a learning process as I was doing it.
Don't think I wasn't inspired by what you guys have done here on Rancor Pit. I'ma loooong time lurker here, and have all the stuff created by Gry and Hisham.
Since I can't find people locally to play d6 with anymore, but have an active Dragon age going on, I figured I'd just convert it and see what happens. I think I did a good job mechanically with it, and Dragon Age plays fast, so it'll have that cinematic feel of d6.
Thanks for the kind words.
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed a couple of mistakes in the document:

- The Scoundrel now lists Force as a secondary ability.
- The Soldier now list Willpower as a secondary ability.
- The Soldier now has starting equipment.
- Removed the Lightsaber Style talent, which was there as a talent from an older version of the document (it is now a specialization).
- And I changed the "blaster style" talent to "Gunslinger" and it applies only to pistols, instead of pistols and rifles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: