The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Stats Books Re-edit - Corrections and Suggestions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> The Stats Books Re-edit - Corrections and Suggestions Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Falcon79 wrote:
what the status of this project gry? Smile 8)

It's waiting for normality to resume so I can get to it. Wink

he, he... Laughing
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that its been a year or so and this is a necro,

But i must ask were the edits ever completed? I have the downloads but cannot tell if what I have has been edited compared to the files I lost.

Also I must ask - I have noticed that Darkswords aren't listed in seemingly any of the stat books as far as I can tell, was this intentional?

I apologize for bringing this up - But I've been working on a few things and noticed this from referring to gry and cheshire's work.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen Gry around here for quite a while (Cheshire only a few times), I assume Darth Real Life is a contributing factor.

Fear not, I'm sure they'll be back...
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm here. Real life does have a fair bit to do with things, though I've not been contributing to conversations unless I really feel like I have something to say that will contribute to the conversation as a whole.

I haven't really talked to Gry in months, but I may drop him a line just to see how things are going. And Gry really was the force behind the re-edits. I don't have the original files from which he developed the pdfs. I'd doubt that I even have the software to open it.

Though as far as Darkswords, they haven't been included in any D6 or d20 gaming product, and the stats are almost all conversions from gaming books. There are a few exceptions from video games that Gry particularly liked and felt properly inspired to do the stat. He typically didn't go through novels to create stats for the pdfs. Though it would be interesting to see some home brew stats on them.
Cowboy Hat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Oh, I'm here. Real life does have a fair bit to do with things, though I've not been contributing to conversations unless I really feel like I have something to say that will contribute to the conversation as a whole.

I haven't really talked to Gry in months, but I may drop him a line just to see how things are going. And Gry really was the force behind the re-edits. I don't have the original files from which he developed the pdfs. I'd doubt that I even have the software to open it.

Though as far as Darkswords, they haven't been included in any D6 or d20 gaming product, and the stats are almost all conversions from gaming books. There are a few exceptions from video games that Gry particularly liked and felt properly inspired to do the stat. He typically didn't go through novels to create stats for the pdfs. Though it would be interesting to see some home brew stats on them.

Did you managed to speak to him - Those are some of the most useful books available, love to see any updates.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction: The YT-2400 has it's speed listed as
Space:4
Atmosphere: 480; 800 km/h.

The atmosphere speed should be 280; 800. .You guys can blame WEG for this one. The 480 was thier typo in Stock Ships. The fix has to be 280;800 km/h because:

1) 280 matchs up with 800 km/h on the speed table.

2) A speed of 480 would have made the YT-2400 faster than an A-Wing.

TheD Maneuverabilty might be off too. The description claims that the ship is maneuverable, yet the YT-200 has no maneuverability score. Once again thhe error hails back to Stock Ships. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: