The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force power to augment armors and weapons that isn't dark?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Force power to augment armors and weapons that isn't dark? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'll put it this way, fiction.

The lightsabre damage is a combination of the weapon energy cell and the user Control skill.

When two like energy fields interact, the more powerful will cancel the less via energy supply feedback (power circuit effectively reverses polarity, it's spontaneous, magnetic fields do this too...it's like a natural survival response in electromagnetism).

So if you "parry" by clashing blades direct, ie. interrupting the enemy's swing rather than simply deflecting or sidestepping it, you should roll your total damage versus the opponent's total damage, blade on blade.

Lower roll takes feedback damage, if "destroyed" the lightsabre shorts out (can be repaired later).
How's that for a house rule?

But here's the thing, the only measure the Player has to do to ensure that never happens, is simply to state that his parry is a deflection, not a blade clash.

Here we have an RP case which foils a rule case.

Ergo, one should rule that instead, lightsabre parries are in fact always either sidesteps, or deflections, and if the roll is equal to the attack, you have a clash, and possible weapon-short.

sounds realistic to me, fictionally speaking. What do you think?

you could even add things like multiple focus crystals gives higher resistance to feedback shorts.
and whatever else I can't think of right now.

just bouncing ideas but, you know I'm no more an expert on this than my cat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: