The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Official vs. Home Brew Stats....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Official vs. Home Brew Stats.... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is my last post on this subject.

MasterKazur wrote:
Whats the matter with you? How could you not think I'd take offence to the initial post you posted in this thread? and if you were done with this argument months ago then why even comment on it in the first place??

That conversation was dropped shortly after you "left" the Forum in disgust last time. No one has bothered with it until now. Naaman, who is new to the Forum, was reading the archives and came across the conversation. He asked a question regarding it. Because I was a participant in the argument in question, I answered. In my response, you will note my use of the word "we" to include myself in the obsessive-compulsive, anal and venal remarks, as my experience on this list has taught me a great deal about how abjectly silly it is to get in arguments over something so petty and meaningless. However, even though I used a blanket term to spread the blame evenly over all participants, you have chosen to interpret it as a passive-aggressive personal attack and respond accordingly.

Quote:
And "troll" sounds like namecalling to me. Something I've never resorted to, but you're constantly getting a pass on.
I just told you I was done and you call me a troll and throw gasoline on the fire... Do you really not see what you're doing?

Per Wikipedia, a troll is "someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community." While our discussions on this forum can get rather heated, you repeatedly cross the line by making ad hominem attacks on others, which meets the criteria of "inflammatory." Just for example:

"They had, IMO, a shockingly poor ability to grasp the obvious logical problems"
    "I tried challenging the logic (or lack there off) in their stats"
    "They eventually resorted to shut me up with threats based on things I'd never done"
    "What a mature way to show off your shame"
    "So my comments about your use of the emoticon went totally over your head then? Well I guess I figured they would"

And don't even get me started on your posts in the original thread.

You take things far too personally, and you have repeatedly attacked the maturity and the logical and intellectual status of several members of this Forum. You then have the gall to act surprised and hurt that we get defensive and respond in kind. Either you actually are this socially ignorant, or you are doing it deliberately as a trolling technique. Either way, you are being a troll, and if you keep it up, you can expect another not-so-friendly post or e-mail from Loc Taal.

And remember, out of that whole mess, you were the only one who got mentioned by name in Loc Taal's reprimand. Rather than taking the "outsider who got ganged up on by the insiders", perhaps you should try moderating your derisive and arrogant conversational technique.

Quote:
And just because you ignore my comments and pass them off as "snarky" without giving them as second though does not mean you're right in this matter. In fact I kinda points to the fact that you know deep inside that you are, in fact, not, right. YOU were the one who brought this up again, so don't act like I attacked you.

No, it actually points to the fact that you keep making the astoundingly arrogant assumption that your perspective is the correct one, then proceeding as if everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot, and that it is your duty to tell them so. In case you haven't noticed, people take offense to that. In fact, an otherwise rational idea expressed poorly can ultimately be rejected solely because the person you were trying to convince was insulted by your approach.

Now, as I said, this is my last post on this subject. I'm not going to claim to know what you're thinking, but I would be very surprised if you didn't reply, as you seem like the kind of Type A personality who always has to get in the last word. I'm going to make some predictions and see how they turn out:

-You're going to say that my selection of your quotes weren't insults, and that only an {insert insulting word/phrase here} could possibly construe them that way.
    -Rather than using my remarks on your aggressive and offensive conversational style as an opportunity for personal growth, you will ignore them and respond with a listing of all my perceived faults and shortcomings (I know what a lot of them are, so I'll be watching for something interesting).
    -You will continue to insist that you are in the right in all aspects of this argument, and therefore anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. And not just wrong: illogical, immature, idiotic, etc. (although this "opinion" will only be implied by the language you use).
    -You will phrase your entire response using arrogant, derisive and border-line insulting language, and if called on it, you will insist that none of what you wrote is inflammatory in any way shape or form, and tell us all off for picking on the "outsider".

I'm actually rather hoping you'll prove me wrong...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of people on this board who sometimes have a tendency to rub people the wrong way. On purpose or not I cannot tell, but the same people pop up again and again, also mentioned both in the forums and in private PMs by others. Most mellow over time if you look back at their earlier posts. Perhaps some come from other forums lacking the 'cozy' atmosphere of the Rancor Pit and need time to adjust.

Some either never seem to learn, or post so seldom they only get involved when things go sour.

I wont point out specific users, but I follow this thread with some amusement... Laughing
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@crmcneill

Well since you spread the ”blame” out evenly isn’t it logical then that I feel that the remarks are also meant for me? I seriously doubt that you meant yourself when you used the phases “anal” and “venal” and referred to someone as obsessive compulsive. And since I was the sole individual of the opposing side it would be safe to assume the comments where meant for me. By the way, you haven’t said they weren’t.
And yes I was indeed disgusted with your childish and defensive attitude towards some stats in an online book. I asked an honest question that questioned a decision you’d made and to this I’ve received nothing but abuse from you.
Did you actually name “Wikipedia” as a credible source for factual information?! That’s like saying it’s true because “my dad says so”.
Alright I’ll play along…
The comments of mine you highlight puzzle me. How does the fact that I question the logical decisions you made in any way trolling? Unless you think that anyone who has a different opinion than you is a troll for voicing their opinion… Is that the case?
And don’t start talking to me about a civil tone. You were by far the agressor and least civil in our previous discussion.

And I love the fact that you automatically expect that this Loc Taal will side with you… Are you his cousin or something? Because you are really socially ignorant if you think you come off as charming or mature in your posts. I’ve recieved half a dozen PM’s regarding you specifically. You would be surprised at the opinions some of the members of this forum have of you.

Fact of the matter is that I WAS the outsider who got ganged up on. And I get why. I’d probably react the same way if some guy randomly came up to me and questioned work I’d been developing for a year. But if the same guy posed rational, sane, logical reasons why my work was flawed… I’d at the very least LISTEN to him. If anything, dismissing my views the way you did was derisive and arrogant.

I’m not saying everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot. I’m not even saying YOU are an idiot. What I am saying, what I’ve been saying all along is that your views and opinions of the work you did on the RotS book is logically and fundamentally flawed. And I find it funny than in a dozen or so (at least) replys from you, you have yet to produce a single counter argument to the initial problems I presented to you. You have continually gotten defensive and more and more personal. I know I have too, but you present the case as though I immediately (in my initial post) called everyone idiots and refused to listen to reason. Infact I could make an argument that this description fits YOU. Infact everything you wrote in your last post can be applied to you.
I’ll think about what you’ve said about my conversational technique,but PLEASE promise me you’ll do the same.

HEY I guess you were right: I din’t feel the quotes you mentioned were insults. You must have known that too, I guess. Calling someone a troll, obsessive compulsive, anal and rolling your eyes at them IS however insulting.
You were (somewhat) right on your second point too. I have by no means ignored your comments, and believe me I’ve taken them to heart, but I did turn the tables around on you with the whole “so are you”-argument I made before.
Swing and a miss on the third one though… I would never insist that I was right if someone presented me with logical proof that I was wrong. Or even a logical argument. But you have yet to do so, so ofcourse I’ll insist that I’m right. Should I just roll over and give up because you try to bully me? C’mon I am not a child. Not am I a moron!
And where have you EVER seen my call someone an idiot?! Thats what you told the administrators the last time too, but I’ve never called anyone that. You know it, and I know it.
You were right on the last one too Wink

But here is where it gets tricky, my friend…
You seem to be under the impression that because you know how I will respond that I am somehow “wrong” or shouldn’t be taken seriously. I’ve seen people use that technique before (a trolling technique infact that IS insulting). It makes you look desperate in your arguments, when you resort to this type of communication. Makes it seem like you don’t have any valid arguments on the subject matter when you take it to the personal level.
When you really analyse what you wrote you didn’t bring anything meaningful to the conversation or bring up arguments to support your previous statements or present evidence that my arguments where flawed. All you really did was, yes, troll. It was the conversational equivalent of trying to pull down someone else’s pants when you realized that you yourself weren’t wearing any.
I find it interesting how you can write such a long post flaming me for my views and arguments when it all pretty much applies to yourself… and you don’t even see it.
And ask yourself WHY you knew what I would say… You knew because deep down you realize that I am not wrong in the things I say.

And of course I’m gonna reply. You know I am. You insulted me and challenged my very character (… yes you did), so naturally I am gonna explain why you are wrong. So I guess you got your final wish.

I hope this matter is finally closed. If you feel the need to discuss this further please do so in PM’s to me. Thank you Wink
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water under the bridge. Water under the bridge..

Let it go.

You question why people get so 'into it' when discussing home-brew (or conversion) stats. You prove yourself to fall into the same trap now.
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:

Let it go.

You question why people get so 'into it' when discussing home-brew (or conversion) stats. You prove yourself to fall into the same trap now.

Ehm... I've never questioned that Confused
I get why people get into it

But I've taken your advice. I have now officially let it go Smile
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: homebrew vs. official, and official vs. official! Reply with quote

Quote:
Dismissing the official stats simply because you think "they just made it up" is a silly idea and the very notion shows disrespect to the people of WEG, who made the game we all love.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and mine is such to disagree with this one. In my view, the WEG official stats body of work as a whole is clear evidence that there was absolutely no effort made to make the stats conform to one single guideline or to achieve any level of consistency whatsoever. The stats were submitted by a wide variety of independent authors, and some stats make sense while others are just off the wall. There is a lot of inconsistency and self-contradiction among the stats as a whole.

Some of the WEG contributors were just contract-authors writing something for a paycheck without ever having even played the game, and they had to include stats for NPCs, etc. It is obvious to me some of them got by with minimal understanding of the game mechanics. Just enough to get through an overall text editor (not a devoted line "stats" editor). Indeed, some of the stat contributors “just made it up”!

Attempting to make new fan-created stats for prequel/EU characters consistent with the existing WEG body or work as a whole is an impossible task, but I do applaud the effort. You can't make something consistent with large body of stats that is already extremely self-inconsistent as official WEG stats are. You can at most make something that is consistent with parts of the whole body of work.

I do not mean this as disrespect to WEG contributors as a whole. Those who just made stuff up to get their paycheck know who they are. And for the ones who did that, I still don't disrespect them because they were hired to do a job and they did it. And WEG obviously didn’t have the resources to really edit the stats. I still love the WEG Star Wars RPG despite its imperfections, and they really don't bother me.

IMO, what’s silly to incessantly argue that certain homebrew stats are “incorrect” with respect official stats. If you don’t like someone else’s homebrew, then there is no need to be mean to others on the internet about it. Just make your own homebrews! Stat the NPCs out how you think they should be. Who says there only has to be one version of prequel stats that we all agree on? That notion is silly. What works for one GM may not work for others.

NO stats are canon to me. Not Gry Sarth’s, not published WEG stats. I respect other stat contributors, official or otherwise, consider their stats, and then make my own. I re-stat everything I feel that needs it, according to what works for me, in my game. I sincerely doubt that very many stat makers are even slightly offended by that.

The game itself encourages GMs to change things to suit their own games. If individual gamers want to put the whole body of WEG-published stats high on a pedestal of perfection despite their incongruity, fine. It’s your right to do so. But there is no need to get nasty and criticize homebrew stats that don't work for you. Simply make your own version that makes sense to you and get on with it. No need to get argumentative and confrontational. All game stats are subjective interpretations of characters and things that exist in a fictional cinematic universe. It’s more than silly to have heated arguments about game stat interpretations - I find that downright rediculous.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: homebrew vs. official, and official vs. official! Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Quote:
Dismissing the official stats simply because you think "they just made it up" is a silly idea and the very notion shows disrespect to the people of WEG, who made the game we all love.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and mine is such to disagree with this one. In my view, the WEG official stats body of work as a whole is clear evidence that there was absolutely no effort made to make the stats conform to one single guideline or to achieve any level of consistency whatsoever. The stats were submitted by a wide variety of independent authors, and some stats make sense while others are just off the wall. There is a lot of inconsistency and self-contradiction among the stats as a whole.

Some of the WEG contributors were just contract-authors writing something for a paycheck without ever having even played the game, and they had to include stats for NPCs, etc. It is obvious to me some of them got by with minimal understanding of the game mechanics. Just enough to get through an overall text editor (not a devoted line "stats" editor). Indeed, some of the stat contributors “just made it up”!

I would take all of this seriously if it wasn't guess-work and personal opinions poorly disguised as fact. Sorry, man. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but thats not what you wrote. You can't have an opinion on something if your just guessing what that thing is. You make comments that WEG "obviously didn't have resources" to do this and that, but HOW is that obvious?
You don't know the process that went into making the WEG books. Besides: considering the continuity with the stats throughout the books, I think it's safe to say that there was a considerable effort put into the stats. Thats at least the way I look at it. It puts the WotC books to shame.

And while I respect that you personally don't view the WEG as official, it does not change that fact that they are, in fact, official.

I seriously don't understand what you mean about getting nasty and criticizing other people's homebrew stats! Please don't talk about these things if you're not gonna get your facts straight.
All I ever did was question their decision-making logic! Thats it. And thats very much within my right on this DISCUSSION forum. Your comment on this makes no sense, and is based on incorrect information.

I think we've all heard your views on this topic now (and I'll just ignore the harsh, hostile tone)... although the matter was closed before you posted.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: homebrew vs. official, and official vs. official! Reply with quote

MasterKazur wrote:
You make comments that WEG "obviously didn't have resources" to do this and that, but HOW is that obvious?
Because when you look at the totality of the stats for characters, weapons, equipment, vehicles, starships, and capital ships they are clearly inconsistent. If you consider the difficulty of maintaining consistency over a ten year period while producing multiple rule editions, supplements, and adventures utilizing multiple independent contractors or read how some of those stats were created, e.g. selection of top 10, 20, 50 or whatever "best" fan submissions, one should not be surprised that consistency is sometimes lacking.
Quote:
You don't know the process that went into making the WEG books.
I'm pretty certain I do. If you have something pertinent to add here, go right ahead.
Quote:
It puts the WotC books to shame.
Don't own any. So I have no comment on their continuity or lack there of. Whether they are more or less consistent than WEG is irrelevant to determining WEG's degree of consistency.
Quote:
And while I respect that you personally don't view the WEG as official, it does not change that fact that they are, in fact, official.
What do you mean by official? It's not like there is a mechanism to enforce compliance with the out of print rules in our personal gaming.
Quote:
I seriously don't understand what you mean about getting nasty and criticizing other people's homebrew stats!
Wow. You thought Whill was being nasty? That is totally not how I read that.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterKazur wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:

Let it go.

This fooled me to believe otherwise...

MasterKazur wrote:
The other thing is... why get so "into it" when....

MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: homebrew vs. official, and official vs. official! Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
MasterKazur wrote:
You make comments that WEG "obviously didn't have resources" to do this and that, but HOW is that obvious?
Because when you look at the totality of the stats for characters, weapons, equipment, vehicles, starships, and capital ships they are clearly inconsistent. If you consider the difficulty of maintaining consistency over a ten year period while producing multiple rule editions, supplements, and adventures utilizing multiple independent contractors or read how some of those stats were created, e.g. selection of top 10, 20, 50 or whatever "best" fan submissions, one should not be surprised that consistency is sometimes lacking.
Quote:
You don't know the process that went into making the WEG books.
I'm pretty certain I do. If you have something pertinent to add here, go right ahead.
Quote:
It puts the WotC books to shame.
Don't own any. So I have no comment on their continuity or lack there of. Whether they are more or less consistent than WEG is irrelevant to determining WEG's degree of consistency.
Quote:
What do you mean by official? It's not like there is a mechanism to enforce compliance with the out of print rules in our personal gaming.
Quote:
I seriously don't understand what you mean about getting nasty and criticizing other people's homebrew stats!

How are they clearly inconsistent?
Not that I disagree but I don't undertand what you mean. Som examples would be nice.

And the fact that you're pretty sure that you know the inner workings of WEG is based on?

Well the fact that WEG is more consistant than WotC IS relevant, because everything is measured up against something else. You can't say Michael Jordan was great unless you measure him up against everybody else from his era. But if it's irrelevant then why even bring it up?
Nitpicking at my posts much?

By official i mean: official. This is not a difficult concept to grasp by any stretch of the imagination.
There is no NEED for a mechanism to enfore anything. Nobody is gonna come after you if you re-write Luke's stats, but that doesn't change the fact that WEG (who had the official license to print the d6 system) decided that Luke should have the stats they gave him. I see NO evidence to sugggest that the authors of the books just made it up as they went along without any regard for previous works. None!
Infact much of the initial Star Wars canon of the early 90's was BASED on the WEG stuff and their stats so you could make a case that the stats and continuity was a major priotity for WEG.

and no I didn't think Whill was being nasty. Didn't mean to imply that was the case. Why do you think that? Did you read his post? He said I was being nasty and criticizing... Not the other way around.
So I applaud you for "totally not reading it that way"... But I'm not gonna give you a cookie or anything for grasping the painfully obvious.
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
MasterKazur wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:

Let it go.

MasterKazur wrote:

I don't know how to break this to you, dude... But... I didn't write that Confused
The initial poster did. I'm gonna let this slide though, but please don't take a swing at me based on someone else's comments. Makes it seem like you're trying too hard.

Should we let this whole thing go now?
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterKazur wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:
MasterKazur wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:

Let it go.

MasterKazur wrote:

I don't know how to break this to you, dude... But... I didn't write that Confused
The initial poster did. I'm gonna let this slide though, but please don't take a swing at me based on someone else's comments. Makes it seem like you're trying too hard.

Or, depending on your point of view in life, an honest mistake... Rolling Eyes
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
MasterKazur wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:
MasterKazur wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:

Let it go.

MasterKazur wrote:

Or, depending on your point of view in life, an honest mistake... Rolling Eyes

Indeed.
No hard feelings, dude.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: homebrew vs. official, and official vs. official! Reply with quote

MasterKazur wrote:
Quote:

MasterKazur wrote:
How are they clearly inconsistent?
Not that I disagree but I don't undertand what you mean. Som examples would be nice.
Well if you agree that WEG is inconsistent than examples are unnecessary since you could provide your own, so I'll just presume you disagree. Here's one example. Look at any WEG scenario from the early days - you know those ones that came as shringwrapped folders. They have opponents appropriate for newly created 18D attribute, 7D skill characters.

Now take a look at a later book like Wretched Hives of Scum and Villany Gandin T'Noull he's a business man who runs a casino. Here are a few of his skills: holdout blaster 8D, alien species 8D, business 9D, business black market 11D+1, business fencing 10D, cultures 8D, streetwise 11D+2, value 10D, willpower 9D, bargain 9D, command 8D, con 8D+2.

Now compare Gandin T'Noull with the infamous crime lord Jabba the Hutt in the WEG Movie Trilogy. Jabba has no blaster skills, in fact he has no DEX skills at all. Alien species 7D, business 6D+1, cultures 4D+2, law enforcement Tatooine 9D, streetwise 9D, streetwise: Jabba's organization 11D, bargain 8D, command 8D, con 7D+1. He is clearly inferior to Gandin T'Noull in general and the casino manager would be as good or better at running Jabba's organization than Jabba is/was. This guy is not the new head of Black Sun he is just the manager of a fricking casino. He isn't even important enough to own the casino and of course the owner has skills at 12D. He is among the best in the galaxy. Yet he is nowhere near as famous nor pitched as important as Jabba the Hutt. And these are not isolated examples.

Quote:
And the fact that you're pretty sure that you know the inner workings of WEG is based on?
WEG's issues are hardly unique.
Experience, knowledge, logic, and common sense. Given that you made the claim that we are ignorant of the inner workings of WEG it is really incumbent on you to first provide some evidence to support the uniqueness and mystery of WEG's inner workings.

Quote:
Well the fact that WEG is more consistant than WotC IS relevant, because everything is measured up against something else.
It's irrelevant because consistency is not like being tall or short, fast or slow. Consistency is internally determined. You evaluate consistency by comparing two different WEG products to each other. Not by comparing one WEG product to one WotC product.

Quote:
Nitpicking at my posts much?
No need to feel special or picked on, I nitpick everyone's posts, if I bother to comment on them at all. Wink

Quote:
By official i mean: official. This is not a difficult concept to grasp by any stretch of the imagination.

There is no NEED for a mechanism to enfore anything. Nobody is gonna come after you if you re-write Luke's stats, but that doesn't change the fact that WEG (who had the official license to print the d6 system) decided that Luke should have the stats they gave him. I see NO evidence to sugggest that the authors of the books just made it up as they went along without any regard for previous works. None!

Infact much of the initial Star Wars canon of the early 90's was BASED on the WEG stuff and their stats so you could make a case that the stats and continuity was a major priotity for WEG.

So by WEG stats being official you really mean that WEG stats are stats created by a license holder, i.e. WEG. So WEG stats are official because they are WEG stats. That seems a bit circular. It is also applicable to WotC stats, which you seem unhappy with. I don't see that "official" in this sense is a useful definition since it doesn't even differentiate between things you like and dislike. But then I am never very impressed with arguments from authority. It's a personal failing of mine. Started in first grade, if not sooner, when I corrected the teacher on hibernation.

I will agree that official = published by a license holder is not a difficult concept to grasp.

Quote:
and no I didn't think Whill was being nasty. Didn't mean to imply that was the case. Why do you think that?
My impression might have had something to do with this statement by you:
Quote:
I think we've all heard your views on this topic now (and I'll just ignore the harsh, hostile tone)...

Quote:
But I'm not gonna give you a cookie or anything for grasping the painfully obvious.
This seems unnecessarily patronizing but otherwise undeserving of a response.
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterKazur

When everyone responding to your comments are taking offense, it may not be that they are overly sensitive, it may be your comments.

Whether you are right or wrong you come off HIGHLY insulting, and belittling to anyone that may disagree or think differently then you. You have constantly talk down to Bren, Whill, ZzaphodD, and Crmcneill in just this thread alone.

Honestly my question is why? I just don't understand the need to do that. Do you want to "win"? What is the prize?

I'm still new here myself, but I haven't had any of these folks be anything but helpful. Even if we disagree about a role-play game every now and then.

Quote:
when I corrected the teacher on hibernation.

Was this about bears?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: