The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Databases
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Databases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Databases Reply with quote

ok I'm wondering if anyone has ever considered making a Database with stats for weapons, races, ships, vehicles etc. I know it would be a massive undertaking, and quite possibly an almost impossible one, but these questions about if people use smartphones/tablets got me thinking.

it seems the very first thing to do would be to create the actual database design, as there are quite a few models, iirc from my ancient classes in database building
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stat collections actually cover pretty much everything ever published or converted for the game. In addition to that, the D6 Holocron covers a lot of material as well.
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
The Stat collections actually cover pretty much everything ever published or converted for the game. In addition to that, the D6 Holocron covers a lot of material as well.

true, i guess the idea is mute then ....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henrik.Balslev wrote:
Guardian_A wrote:

true, i guess the idea is mute then ....

You could look at contributing to the Holocron though. While its a good resource, there IS a lot of room for improvement.
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please do contribute, as you know it is a huge undertaking. we have most of everything but i admit it can always use a little more and cleaning.
you also could just shoot me a note of something to change and in what way as well if you dont want to add or make pretty. all up to yall
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a database for planet logs for the systems in the Sectors we use most frequently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: