The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Nuclear weapons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Nuclear weapons. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Also, my hat's off to you. I don't know if I've ever seen those "I was wrong" words on the internet before.
Thanks. I have seen others admit to being wrong, but I guess it is somewhat rare.

OK. I've recreated the To Hit and To Damage Charts so that they are clearly labeled with Attacker for the first column and Defender for the other columns. So you find the attacker scale in the first column and then read across to the column for the appropriate defender. All makes sense so far. 8)

HELP. When trying to read the To Dodge chart, I just can't figure out what it is trying to tell me. Confused Is this chart full of typos or what? Which row/column is the one dodging and which column/row is the attack being dodged? I just can't make sense of this chart. Which ever way I read it, I seem to be getting a contradiction.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
HELP. When trying to read the To Dodge chart, I just can't figure out what it is trying to tell me. Confused Is this chart full of typos or what? Which row/column is the one dodging and which column/row is the attack being dodged? I just can't make sense of this chart. Which ever way I read it, I seem to be getting a contradiction.

First off, I wouldn't be surprised to find typos in any WEG chart, and there's some stuff that doesn't quite make enough sense in this one especially, but how the To Dodge chart works is the thing dodging is the column, whereas the thing doing the shooting is the row.

Why a character can't dodge a walker? I don't know. Probably a typo, but maybe reflective of the blast radius of a walker's guns? Who knows...
I haven't had my characters up against walkers, so I haven't spent the energy to figure this one out yet. I may have to rectify this table pretty soon, though.

Complete Starship Construction System
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
First off, I wouldn't be surprised to find typos in any WEG chart, and there's some stuff that doesn't quite make enough sense in this one especially, but how the To Dodge chart works is the thing dodging is the column, whereas the thing doing the shooting is the row.

Why a character can't dodge a walker? I don't know. Probably a typo, but maybe reflective of the blast radius of a walker's guns? Who knows...
I haven't had my characters up against walkers, so I haven't spent the energy to figure this one out yet. I may have to rectify this table pretty soon, though.
OK, it does look like the 1st column is the thing dodging and then you read across the row to see what the cap is for the various things shooting at the one dodging.

I'm starting to think there is a lot more to the To Dodge cap than just size. One thing is a fundamental presumption that walkers are slow! Speeders not so much. And starfighter scale ships are relatively fast and nimble. This actually makes Jabba's Sail Barge being speeder scale not walker scale start to make ssense. But this is getting very tangential to the thread. I think I may need to create a new thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: