The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Short-range Concussion-sphere Launchers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Short-range Concussion-sphere Launchers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanir wrote:
Concussion spheres are fired from a projectile launcher. They're essentially unguided concussion missiles with lower yields.

Think pirate gun.

Seems like a weapon with range Space 1.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanir wrote:
Nah seriously though I don't have the Tales of the Jedi handy but I recall a concussion projectile launcher equipped to some scouts, perhaps this concussion sphere is a bomb like device released from a tiny internal bay, or maybe it's the warheads for the concussion projectile launcher, I can't remember.

The way it appeared at the time was like the concussion proctile launcher was like an early Republic space cannon in the classical sense, let's say probably using a repulsor action as a railgun. It probably fires a variety of difference warhead types over short ranges, concussion spheres and proton spheres perhaps depending on loadout, you might create special warheads for it like shield-breakers (hits shields but does ionisation damage?).

I don't know, as a GM my gut wants me to get into the theme behind the individual weapon and try to best represent that.

Oooohhh... You mean a plain old kinetic energy projectile cannon, right? The concussion comes from a chunk of steel moving really fast! I think I get it!

Complete Starship Construction System
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: