The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Looking for a Guide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Looking for a Guide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laztheinfamous
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Looking for a Guide Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new around here, and chances are there is an answer somewhere out there, but I'm unsure how to find it. Or rather, I've been out of the loop for awhile, so I'm not sure what the naming conventions are for what I'm looking for.

I had a a germ of an idea for my current campaign. It's set in the Tapani sector immediately post Hoth, and I was hoping for some information about what happened between Revenge of the Sith and New Hope. Some of the information in the old guides doesn't quite jibe with what happened in the movies.

I guess what I am saying is that I would like to find a Revenge of the Sith d6 guide or a guide to the happenings inbetween. I looked through the fan works section earlier (which prompted me to sign up), but I couldn't find what I was looking for.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Guide Reply with quote

laztheinfamous wrote:
I guess what I am saying is that I would like to find a Revenge of the Sith d6 guide or a guide to the happenings inbetween. I looked through the fan works section earlier (which prompted me to sign up), but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Probably a better source would be The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide (WOTC Saga Edition). It's written for D20, but there is a D6 stat conversion book floating around.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Guide Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Probably a better source would be The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide (WOTC Saga Edition). It's written for D20, but there is a D6 stat conversion book floating around.
Isn't the Force Unleased a video game?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is, but WOTC released a Saga Edition Sourcebook under that title that covers the period between ROTS and ANH, and the forum subsequently produced a D6 conversion for it.

Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I find it's helpful to know the source. I find the video games, especially those with Jedi, are very different in tone from the movies...and not in a good way.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my kids played the game and the force was overpowered in it, IMHO.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
It is, but WOTC released a Saga Edition Sourcebook under that title that covers the period between ROTS and ANH, and the forum subsequently produced a D6 conversion for it.

Bren wrote:
OK. I find it's helpful to know the source. I find the video games, especially those with Jedi, are very different in tone from the movies...and not in a good way.

You both speak the truth.

Note that quite a lot of what was in the WotC guide was Rodney's d20 interpretation of what was in the WEG books. There were also a lot of new gadgets and vehicles that they thought would look awesome in a video game. What is awesome in a video game is not always awesome in an RPG.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
There were also a lot of new gadgets and vehicles that they thought would look awesome in a video game. What is awesome in a video game is not always awesome in an RPG.

Oh god, don't get me started. There's nothing like trying to convert die hard video gamers into a pen and paper RPG. They all want some sort of epic destiny that is just handed out in every video game out there. I had a player once, who wanted to be a demi-god. Literally the offspring of a deity.

Or trying to keep the action up enough to catch the interests of players who are big on first person shooters. If you don't have repulsor tanks bursting through walls or 100 troops coming out of every corner of every room. They yawn, and quit.

laztheinfamous wrote:
I had a a germ of an idea for my current campaign. It's set in the Tapani sector immediately post Hoth, and I was hoping for some information about what happened between Revenge of the Sith and New Hope. Some of the information in the old guides doesn't quite jibe with what happened in the movies.

Welcome to the pit!
My suggestion for you in this case, would be to use the WEG guides you have currently, and then bend the fluff or background stories from Tapani with any info you can find on Wookieepedia. The info you find there on the "Great Jedi Purge" should be sufficient for you to bend things to fit with the movies. If that is what you mean to do. Wookieepedia is a pretty good source for Expanded Universe and also with recent additions to the heap of stories that makes up Star Wars.

Hope this helps. Smile
laztheinfamous
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys. For some amazingly odd reason, I keep missing the obvious answers. I'm used to being the dude who knows all the answers for game related questions, not the one asking them.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't stress; we all get to have those moments here. Welcome to the Forum, BTW.

jmanski

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answers you get can/will help others. Sometimes seeing a question or answer sparks creativity... you just never know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: