The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Several Force Skills in one roll
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Several Force Skills in one roll Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should try reading the comic it's from or try typing Bolt of Hatred in Google and reading the answer. Or just say you don't like the canon answer and move on. I am.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:
It seems to me that actually throwing the force with your hand seems a bit silly. The force should be directed with your mind if there should be any targeting IMO.
But I bet it looks really superheroic in a jedi-sith video game. Rolling Eyes

Hahaha, perhaps it does..
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Quote:
Bolt of Hatred - never used it. Don't really like the loss of CP effect. Too much like D&D life drain for my taste..

Never heard that before...
Seriously? Confused

Yes. Had many a home game, and several con games where baddie force users BoH'ed a pc, and not a one has yet complained about the loss of a CP.

Quote:
Thats what I mean, in my games the draining is totally out of order. If CPs, as per the RAW, are miniature representations of the force its more logical. This said I have never used the power in my games.

Perhaps the ball is a manifestation of the dark sides power, that as it slams through your body, takes a little of your force essence with it (a cp).
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Perhaps the ball is a manifestation of the dark sides power, that as it slams through your body, takes a little of your force essence with it (a cp).

I recall hearing somewhere of Force Lightning having a similar effect, in that it was almost like a D&D Negative Energy attack, draining off the positive energy of a living being. In SW terms, it would slowly leech the life out of the victim, killing him slowly and painfully while temporarily empowering the Force Lightning adept. I've never been able to find concrete evidence of it being used like that, but I think the idea sounds intriguing.

Maybe rather than draining CPs, it could drain Strength (which IMO is the attribute most closely related to physical life energy), converting lost energy to temporary CPs for the adept to use, and if the target reaches 0D Strength, they die.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Had many a home game, and several con games where baddie force users BoH'ed a pc, and not a one has yet complained about the loss of a CP.
Well different strokes for different folks. It just seems more D&D to me than Star Wars. I really doubt I would use it as written. I think there are far more interesting ways to see a PC use a CP in Star Wars than losing it to the Witchking's life drain spell. Wink

BTW, your second quote was from ZzaphodD not me. Though I also question the CP drain effect, but I think for a bit different reasons.
garhkal wrote:
Takes it to where, exactly? Confused
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dark side??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: