The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Disadvatage: "Blockhead"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Disadvatage: "Blockhead"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anakin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Disadvatage: "Blockhead" Reply with quote

I am currently creating a comedy ninja-RPG using the D6-system. While writing the list over Advantages and Disadvantages I created one that I thought I might add here as well...

Disadvantage: "Blockhead"
Effect: Whenever character rolls a 1 on the wild die, it is automatically a critical failure.

How many points would you suggest? The character is bound to keep the group constantly busy getting them selves out of messes...
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a lot like Jar-Jar. I'd be interested in seeing the complete list when you're done.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Disadvatage: "Blockhead" Reply with quote

Anakin wrote:
I am currently creating a comedy ninja-RPG using the D6-system. While writing the list over Advantages and Disadvantages I created one that I thought I might add here as well...

Disadvantage: "Blockhead"
Effect: Whenever character rolls a 1 on the wild die, it is automatically a critical failure.

How many points would you suggest? The character is bound to keep the group constantly busy getting them selves out of messes...

Oohhh. Have an evil genius award. Here. Take two.

Complete Starship Construction System
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given there is a one in six chance of it happening I'd tend to make it a very high point disadvantage.

I'd consider renaming it too as blockhead makes it seem like it should only apply to knowledge based rolls.

Something like:
Accident Prone
Natural Disaster Area
Calamity Magnet
Fate's Plaything

That way you can have a Blockhead disadvantage as well and have it only apply to knowledge based rolls. No reason to restrict yourself here Smile

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Anakin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Sounds a lot like Jar-Jar. I'd be interested in seeing the complete list when you're done.

I'll see to it that it ends up on this forum Smile
Anakin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Oohhh. Have an evil genius award. Here. Take two.

*bowes* Twisted Evil

Esoomian wrote:
Given there is a one in six chance of it happening I'd tend to make it a very high point disadvantage.

I'd consider renaming it too as blockhead makes it seem like it should only apply to knowledge based rolls.

Something like:
Accident Prone
Natural Disaster Area
Calamity Magnet
Fate's Plaything

That way you can have a Blockhead disadvantage as well and have it only apply to knowledge based rolls. No reason to restrict yourself here Smile

Good idea. Hmm, Calamity Magnet sounds quite cool.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin wrote:

No problem I just finished coming up with a list of Advantages/Disadvantages/Traits for a homebrew White Wolf based system.

Naming them all was both my most and least favourite part of the process.

I ended up calling my version Jinxed and it could be taken as an Advantage (it happens only to enemies) Disadvantage (it happens only to allies) or a Trait (It happens to everyone and it happens hard)

Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Anakin wrote:

No problem I just finished coming up with a list of Advantages/Disadvantages/Traits for a homebrew White Wolf based system.

I ended up calling my version Jinxed and it could be taken as an Advantage (it happens only to enemies) Disadvantage (it happens only to allies) or a Trait (It happens to everyone and it happens hard)

I'm making mine a low point disadvantage because I generally run wild die failures as plot complications that make life difficult for both sides. Throw some women and children into the middle of your firefight and such. I haven't done it yet, but I'm not above triggering an earthquake or volcano or anything like that.

Anakin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Esoomian wrote:
Anakin wrote:

I'm making mine a low point disadvantage because I generally run wild die failures as plot complications that make life difficult for both sides. Throw some women and children into the middle of your firefight and such. I haven't done it yet, but I'm not above triggering an earthquake or volcano or anything like that.

If you make up a list for strange things that might happen during mishaps, and ALWAYS roll on this list whenever someone roll a 1 on wild die, then the Earth quake or volcano might show up in a star destroyer! Now, is that unexpected! Very Happy
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin wrote:

If you make up a list for strange things that might happen during mishaps, and ALWAYS roll on this list whenever someone roll a 1 on wild die, then the Earth quake or volcano might show up in a star destroyer! Now, is that unexpected! Very Happy

Reactor breach!

I tend to have a list of things that can go wrong in sequence. My next land battle, for example, will most likely be taking place in a coastal city during a typhoon. First complication: Civilians appear on the battlefield. 2nd: Imperials see civilians and mistake them for combatants, 3rd: the levy breaks and the city begins to flood. (And yeah, I did come up with that a few days before the Japan quake. Not out to capitalize on anyone's misery.)
4th complication: Victory Star Destroyer supporting imperial troops begins firing missiles into the sea to try and further damage the levy system and wash opposition away.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how big a Tsunami that would cause?

Or how much TK would be required to hold it back..
Anakin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Anakin wrote:

Reactor breach!

I tend to have a list of things that can go wrong in sequence. My next land battle, for example, will most likely be taking place in a coastal city during a typhoon. First complication: Civilians appear on the battlefield. 2nd: Imperials see civilians and mistake them for combatants, 3rd: the levy breaks and the city begins to flood. (And yeah, I did come up with that a few days before the Japan quake. Not out to capitalize on anyone's misery.)
4th complication: Victory Star Destroyer supporting imperial troops begins firing missiles into the sea to try and further damage the levy system and wash opposition away.

Hmm... Haven't used bad weather in SW. I'll probably copy that to my next adventure. Thanks for the idea! Very Happy
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I wonder how big a Tsunami that would cause?

Or how much TK would be required to hold it back..

All of it.
Anakin wrote:

Hmm... Haven't used bad weather in SW. I'll probably copy that to my next adventure. Thanks for the idea! Very Happy

Sure thing!

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to have a look at this post for more ideas on advantages and disadvantages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: