The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A Cage To Hold A Force User
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> A Cage To Hold A Force User Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
That being said, I still have an issue with Farseeing being used this way, just because of a loophole in WEG's description. I think I have established something of a reputation on this Forum for wanting Jedi to be more powerful than the RAW allows, so when I say that I think you're pushing it too far... Well, that's sort of like you know you have a marijuana problem when Snoop Dogg tells you maybe you shouldn't smoke so much.
And I tend to favor the spirit of the WEG rules and the original movies, and I have no problem with the Farseeing rules as written. I would always expect that, for dramatic reasons, such force visions and insights are strongly influenced or even at the sole discretion of the GM. It is one among many reasons that I favor rules light, general descriptions, and heavy GM discretion rather than explicit tables and detailed definitions that just invite rules lawyer style arguments from some players. So in my interpretation you as the GM can decide not to allow such a vision and you as a player get what your GM allows. Yay! Weesa all wins!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too true.. As it is, i would rather farseeing not even have been included as a learned power, but one that the gm can use when/where ever he sees a need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: